Already an interesting debate, I see. goofy I figure in this case that was a relief to readers rather than a disappointment. laugh

And, yes, I withdrew Masques from the nKerths. It wasn't essentially because of it's lack of lovemaking scenes though. More a sense that it shouldn't have been in nfic at all, for any reason. When I began posting Masques, I believed that there were some scenes that were beyond pg13 because they dealt with slightly more adult, darker themes. I was even concerned at that point that some scenes would be so difficult to convert that I might have trouble converting them at all. :rolleyes: So, what do I know? Not a lot as it turned out. <g>

So I posted both in gfic and nfic, expecting to convert as I went.

However, along the way I was surprised to find that with each new scene I had marked for conversion, my betas were telling me they were pg13. And in the end, in what turned out to be an epic, there were only something like 8 pages total difference in page count between the two versions of the story.

If I had known that would be the way it would turn out, I'd have only posted a pg13 version from the start and wouldn't have posted in the nfic folder at all. Those eight pages were made up of odd lines here and there, paragraphs at most, rather than whole scenes and I could easily have excised them and lost nothing from the story plot.

So when the nkerths rolled around, I really felt that it wasn't justified or right that Masques be in contention with other stories which had more right to be in the nfic folder than it had imo. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers