Add me to the list of those who don't like the taste of alcohol and have never been drunk. Before going to France, I'd had strawberry daquiris at home (with Bacardi Limon -- much better than normal rum) and tasted wine and stuff, but that was it. In France (since I was legal) I tried a few more, but mainly stuck to the girly drinks (they taste yummy and sweet, not icky like alcohol).

The ones I remember were:

Sex on the Beach (cranberry and orange juice with vodka)

Touchdown (no clue, but similar to a sex on the beach)

Malibu Surf (it was turquoise and yummy)

Cupid's Kiss (had Baileys and banana something, tasted like a smoothie)

Woo Woo (had to get it just for the name! Had peach schnapps and some other stuff. Looked up the recipe once and of course lost it.)

I never did learn to like beer, but on our last night we went out to a bar (I learned while I was there that, legal or not, I'm just not a bar person...but it was fun every now and then) and while we were waiting at the fountain for everyone to arrive, my friend Lau was passing around a '40' (but since it was a liter of beer, it was really a '33' :p ) and I decided, what the heck, it was the last night, and took a swig. Which pleased her immensely -- "Do it again!" and so she decided her goal that night was to get me drunk. So she paid for my drinks. laugh That night was the drunkest I've ever been, but I still never made it past tipsy. I don't regret stopping there, and it was still fun.

I also learned that tequila shots (with the salt and the lemon) are nasty. Ick. Ick. Cough. Gasp. Blech!! (Not that I'm opinionated or anything. wink )

Bethy (who sometimes wants to get drunk so that she can find out where her limit is, but would rather do it in the safety and privacy of her own home...but other times it's fun to claim to have never been drunk)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.