I realize you've already decided against it, Labby, but figured I'd say this for anyone else who wanted to know. <shrug>
LOL, Bethy - no problem at all. It seems the thread has taken a turn into a nostalgia fest anyway - which I have absolutely no problems with. It's been really interesting reading these posts. And it's always useful for the future, when I might be able to use the info that doesn't fit this time around in something else.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anyone better than Fabio for that time period. There is an extra hook though, he was on the cover of almost every paperback romance novel printed during those years. So his face (and chest) stared out of every magazine rack in the country. You wouldn't even have to use his name, just "the guy who is on all those paperback covers."
Artemis - thanks for that little extra tag on Fabio and the romance novels - I might be able to work that in.

Just to clarify, there isn't any iced tea in a Long Island Iced Tea. The name (I presume) comes from the drink's appearance, which, with the rum and the coke and the other clear/pale liquors, has the light to medium brown color of iced tea.
Wow. All these years of reading about LI ice tea in novels and I never realised it was alchoholic or just rum and coke! LOL. Thanks, Kathy!

This thread looked interesting to me .... so I started reading. I've only gotten halfway through, though, as the fact I've spent the vast majority of today suffering from a hangover means the idea of alcohol is making me queasy.
Ouch, Elle. Hope you had a real good time to make it worthwhile. And that you can remember the real good time, too. goofy

2. Peppermint schnapps (ugh) shots is the reason I'm feeling like this today. As an added bonus, most people take a shot of chocolate syrup in addition to the alcohol ... it apparently tastes like candy and sounds like something Lois would like.
Yikes! Making me feel queasy just reading about it and without the hangover. <g>

LOL, Paul - it reminded me of the one and only time I can recall beating Stuart (hubby) at Trivial Pursuit with that question as the winning one. laugh I hate vodka drinks (hate most alcoholic drinks actually - pretty much stick to white wine, cider (and only these these days). Back in my youth I had expensive tastes and a sweet tooth with Southern Comfort and Ginger Ale being my favourite tipple) but I have had a fondness for that one ever since anyway. goofy

And ROTFL, Loriel. Glad you're having fun. smile I found your post amusing though because every time you post something I end up going 'Hey, me too!' <g> Beginning to wonder if we were separated at birth. goofy

My friend and I were infamous for saying we would never drink, hated the taste of alcohol, thought it was disgusting stuff. Then we turned 18 and hit discos. laugh Bicardi and Coke was the drink of the moment then - that was disgusting stuff but we knew no different, so we held on to our vow for a good few months on the basis we prefered Cokes. <g> But then...ah well. We discovered cocktails and white wine and it was all downhill from there on in. party

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers