I'm told that cider in the US is non-alcoholic (strange concept goofy ). So what I really need is some kind of potent local beverage that might be on sale at a country festival and which might lull Lois into a sense of false security so that she drinks more than she really ought to.

I could go with beer of course, but I'd really like something a little more...home-made?...so to speak. Something that Lois wouldn't suspect was potent and wouldn't recognise necessarily as something to watch out for sneaking up on her.

Originally, I had in mind the kind of local 'scrumpy' cider that tourists tend to buy in the West Country. Very potent and locally brewed. But I'm not sure if there's a US equivalent.

So any ideas welcome!

Also, may as well clear up a few odds and ends while I'm here... <g> If anyone can think of a name I could use as an example of someone who is considered to be the perfect specimin of the male physique I'd be grateful. It could be a sports star, a movie star or someone known for promoting abs in infomercials, some kind of health kick guru - that kind of thing. A US reference, please, thanks.

I had a third question and have promptly forgotten what it was. Oh yes! That little yellow bird who's a friend of Snoopy's. He's called Woodstock. Right?

Thanks for the help!

LabRat smile (who's written a whole five paragraphs today and is very pleased with herself. wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers