I finally find some time (time?? what's that??) to answer this thread! First and foremost, thank you to the people who mentioned some of my fanfics. blush Re.NWH II, Wendy and Lucie, it is... /me scurries off to fanfic folder and specific WORD file ...now open on my desktop. laugh I would love to finish it over the summer, but that means working on it steadily, and getting a few kicks in the tushie from you guys to keep the motivation going. wink

Pam asked about favourite type of fanfic. Well, let's be predictable again. laugh Pre-revelation get-together tearjerky romance, when full of emotional scenes and a good mixture of introspection and dialogue, is what can make me drop anything to go read it. I particularly love stories set in S1, especially if they deal with the Lois/Clark/Superman/Lex love quatuor. I think my fascination with this part of the show is due to the openness to interpretation. I love it when an author makes me see a character under a new angle, while still staying completely *in* character. And the S1 finale is particularly interesting in that sense imo. Of course, it might also just be because I'm obsessed. laugh

As for my favourite fanfics... whoa... um, off the top of my head:

• Are You Lonesome, Tonight...?, Burnout, Sugar and Spice, Caped Fear and Masques, by LabRat
  • Without Consent (yes, I know, it's nfic only, but it made me cry buckets and it's too good to be left off this list), For The Greater Good, The Penfriend, It Happened One (Super) Night, Second Thoughts, Faux Pas, Carbon Copy, The Healing Time and A Conscious Choice, by Wendy Richards
  • Fear of Discovery III: Coming Home and Purity, by Yvonne Connell
  • Learning Curves and Extraordinary Man, by Chris Carr
  • When Friends Become Lovers, by Kathy Brown and Demi
  • Disquiet Nights (Like Dreamers Do), by Shawn V.
  • A Love Well Worth the Wait, by Tracey
  • Meet Me in Kansas City, by Chris Mulder
  • Heaven's Prisoners, by Demi
  • Power to Forgive, by Sharon Gilbert
  • All Stirred Up and Night Errant, by Meredith Knight
  • In Dreams, by Kaylle
  • Hark, by Angela Kay Walthall
  • Anybody's Baby, by AnnieM
  • Tryst, by Pam Jernigan
  • Connections, by Carol Malo
  • Day Follows Nightfall, by Tank Wilson
  • In Cat's Corner, by Irene Dutch
  • Strangers I, II and III, by Missy Gallant (haven't caught up with the next sections yet)
  • Lost and Found, by Jeff Brodgen

That's for long stories. Now, shorter ones that come to mind include:

• Shadows of the Mind, Yesterday's News, Dance With Me, The Return to Clark's Apartment, Proven With a Kiss, That Shocking First Kiss and The Only One, by Tracey
  • Feels Like Falling in Love, by Tracey and Wendy Richards
  • Don't Say You Love Me, Only When I Sleep, Feels Like You're Mine, Home For Christmas, Like a Brother, My Friend, Shattered Illusions, Happy New Tears, Breaking Up Is Hard to Do and Escape From the Prankster, by Wendy Richards
  • Cry Hard by Katie Sizer
  • It's the Thought That Counts and The Art of Being Clark by Missy Gallant
  • A Spinning Revelation and Can I Kiss the Monkey? by Sarah Luddy
  • Learning Curves II: Love, Loyalty and Luthor, by Chris Carr
  • Closet Encounter and Courage Under Fire, by Meredith Knight
  • Like Putting on a Pair of Glasses, by LCRich
  • Standing at the Edge, All Alone, Playing the Part and By Firelight, by AnnieM
  • All or Nothing by Kaylle

Okay, I've spent the past 10 minutes repeatedly editing this post to add more favourites as they occur to me, so I'm forcing myself to stop here even though I'm sure I forgot several. Really. laugh

Kaethel smile

ps: I realise I haven't really answered Pam's second question since I got sort of (sort of!!) carried away with that list of favourites. Sorry! blush But all the stories mentioned above are fanfics I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend anyway.

K. (who needs to stop editing this post!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~