I like excitement, drama, a bit of romance, a little bit of mystery, a dash of action, some great dialogue, and a good dollop of humour. And yes, if I get to metaphorically hug Clark once or twice during the story, that definitely helps. blush Of course, if he goes all assertive on me, I'm just as likely to go weak at the knees.

I suppose Clark is my main focus of interest, but I can and do enjoy reading about Lois and the other characters, too. I mean, he wouldn't be him if it wasn't for them. laugh

OK, I just noticed I'm supposed to name examples. Eek. Well, here goes...

Dimensions of Loving and the other one by Chris Mulder - wow, what a find that was when I first stumbled over the archive. Half of me was convinced I'd hit the mother lode of fantastic L&C stories, and the other half was terrified that I'd actually found the best story of the lot and it was all going to be downhill from that point on. How wrong I was! What else? Wendy's For The Greater Good, Chris Carr's Learning Curves, ML's Yellow Fever, Raconteur's Lifeflight, Shayne Terry's Fugue, Jenni's Red Sky... There are loads of them, but I can't list them all.

Oh, and I definitely prefer them married, or at least at the point where Lois *knows*. But I'll read anything that looks good. smile

Yvonne