Well, I can't give any examples - sorry, but I'm one of those annoying people who can't give favourite anythings, be it books, movies or whatever. I'm bound to change my mind ten seconds after and if I try to think of narrowing my huge list of favourites down I start to lose the will to live rapidly. <g>

But story types now...well, I pretty much enjoy everything. My favourite is definitely hurt/comfort, tearjerkers, angst, whatever you want to call it. But, yes, a happy ending is generally a good thing. Although, as always with these things I have a few exceptions in my files. If there isn't a happy ending and it's well written, in character and makes sense within the context of the story I can cope with poignant now and then instead. goofy

But I'm a sucker for romance too, so waffy will make me just as happy. I love Elseworlds and AUs for the original ideas they produce and the unsual situations they put our heroes in. And of course Alt Clark stories are just gold. He's just so cute.

And I like comedies. Ultrawoman Lane's hilarious Revenge of Ultrawoman is one example there of a story that had me howling all the way through.

Stories which have a little bit of all of these - and maybe an aplot too although I'm finding I tend to skim those more these days - are perhaps my favorite stories of all though. Humour, drama, waffs...the perfect package.

I'm not fond of deathfic in general, but there have been a few over the years which have worked their way into my files. The authors and titles of which embarrassingly escape me right now. When Magnolias Bloom (?) is one.

Like Tank, I'm generally left unmoved by cute children. <g> So many of the NG stories don't appeal. Again though, some work their way into the heart despite me. I adored Susan Stone's series of NG fic and Peabody's Goodnight Metropolis is just adorable.

Basically, I'll read most of what's shared and not enjoy very little of it. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers