Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] WAS Trask really government though? Or just posing as one to get what he wanted?
Hence my disclaimer of a "in a cruel unjust world" wink . According to Gen. Newcomb, Bureau 39 was an actual agency, but one which operated outside government oversight (kind of like the NIA of DWCiftC), and that Trask was crazy. The question is: between Strange Visitor and GGGoH did the government officially dissolve B39 or just deny it ever existed. My guess, it was more of the latter than the former. And after Nor and the NK invaded I wouldn't be surprised if B39 got a bump in funding.

Now, that would be an interesting sequel to MoS. Have Lex Luthor team up with a B39 type agency against Superman and the "threat" he poses. [/b]
Good point. I never really thought about it going either way. I just assumed B39 was a defunct agency by the time Superman arrived on the scene.

Oh Lord. Lex teamed with B39. Scary!

(Now is imagining Lex with B39 battling it out with the MiB for "control" over what happens to Superman.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon