It is fun idea, but anyone who has ever seen Wonder Woman's costume can see problems, it shows too much skin.

I love the UltraWoman without Clark knowing idea, but I am not a big fan of the Canon Ultra Woman costume, so perhaps a completely new look? Take a look instead at a couple of costume suggestions from my hidden hero thread .

Moving onward, Mouserocks suggested stepping way back. So in the beginning, after Clark arrives in Metropolis, but before he invents Superman, a test laser, along the lines of the one used by the Newrich sister in Ultrawoman causes Clark's powers to be transferred to Lois Lane.

It takes Lois sometime to get used to them and even more time to decide to wear a costume and go public.

All Clark knows is his powers are gone. He has to make it in Metropolis as a normal human reporter. If we assume that in time, lots and lots or time, his body will be recharged by the sun, then in time his powers will return.

Likewise lets assume that as in Chip Off the Old Clark the transferred powers will fade, but the laser transferred powers last much much longer then Lightning copied powers, then in time, lots of time Lois's powers will fade.

So now how would season one play out if Superman does not appear at all, only UltraWoman?

And Trask would NOT make the Smallville connection because there is no House of El shield on the new superhero.

And what would Clark make of UltraWoman? He has no reason to assume she took his powers, merely that she has powers like his old ones.

If Lois wears a mask and a wig, with a skimpy costume, and as Lois Lane never is seen in a really skimpy outfit, it could be a very long time until Clark figures out that Lois is Ulrawoman.

Even better, if Clark has his love at first glance reaction to BOTH Lois and UltraWoman...

VirginiaR said
I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself
But what if Lois has trouble deciding and tries out several different costumes? In several cities? So it appears that several super powered women have arrived on the scene at the same time?

Framework4