Originally posted by Christina:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing, perhaps she got his powers during a "Bolt of Blue" moment and didn't tell him that a) she now has powers, and b) that she knows CK=SM. Or perhaps UW is more a heroine along the lines of Batman with lots of fancy gadgets, skills, and stuff but no real super abilities ( peep ).
I have a plotline along those lines somewhere on my comp where Lois gets powers from "Bolt from the Blue" but never really gotten my muses to cooperate for more than a few scenes (all spread out to boot so not even beta ready-ish). The thing I've wondered is does she know that lead negates his powers? Because then a lead-lined mask would make sense. Otherwise he'd learn about her secret identity pretty quick. [/QB]
I don't remember anywhere in canon where Clark explicitly explains he can't see through lead. However, you could always claim that after Lois told Superman she had been waiting all her life for him, and learned he was from Krypton, there was more off-screan discussion, maybe that he convinced her not to print, so she could know he can't see through lead.

Actually, I take it back. Superman makes the comment "Lois, unless it's lead lines it won't matter", which has to be the worst line ever, but clearly from that point one Lois knows Superman can't see through lead. So as long as she gets her powers after "Barbarians at the Planet", she clearly knows a lead-lines mask will save her.

John Pack Lambert