This part was just chock-full of hilarious bits. I wish I could quote them all.

A few of my favorites:

“I’m on assignment,” Jimmy responded stiffly, climbing to his feet. “Lois and I came to check out a romantic island resort.”

Mr. Olsen took an obvious gaze around the destroyed room and raised a brow. “How does it rate?”

“I’m going to give it a fail,” Jimmy said.
laugh laugh laugh

Jimmy shrugged. “Some of us prefer to spend the weekend with a live woman to headless dead men."
laugh laugh laugh

“Chief, please. Don’t defend him. When it comes down to it, dan wasn’t there for me when he said he would be. If it hadn’t been for Jimmy, my cobra-venom filled, sexually assaulted body would be washing up on the shores of Metropolis.”
And the sad thing is that, this is probably a normal day in the life of Lois Lane. laugh

“Dan told me not to tell him it was you,” Lois replied. “So, I gave him what he asked for.”

Um… Lois…

“No, Clark, nothing happened with Jimmy. Never been there, never going there, would rather die,” she said, scrolling down the screen.
Laughing my way through this part. Well done!

and as a sidebar:
Metropolis is a sea port.
That's why I always rolled my eyes at certain parts of the "Smallville" TV show, (filmed in Vancouver) where Metropolis was officially in Kansas, an unspecified distance from the Kent Farm. I giggled when they talked about stuff happening on "the docks", or when they showed seaport-y stuff in the FREAKIN' MIDDLE OF KANSAS!

And let's not even talk about the mountains you could sometimes see in the background. Because we all know that Kansas is very mountainous.