I concur. This is an excellent story, and we need to read more from you. This is one of the best crossovers I've ever seen in any genre.

I agree with Marcus on the life force issue. I think that when the revived person goes past the sixty-second barrier, another person's life force must be transferred into him/her. Because Superman has more than the usual human amount of life force (re: "Brutal Youth"), he can spare enough for Lois to stay alive without crippling himself. At least, that's how I intend to view it. That way, Lois' "souls pushing back" explanation, while ingenious, becomes unnecessary, although there's no reason to take it out of the story because it does help Clark to realize once again how many people he's saved over the years.

The only negative (and it's a very small negative) is that the bulk of the story is in first person present tense - which is an excellent choice for this tale - but the first part of part 1 is first person past tense. I re-read part 1 to see if I just missed something, but if I did I missed it again.

Great standalone story, great crossover. I've never seen Pushing Daisies and I was never left wondering what the heck something meant. This was a tense, well-executed thriller with a very interesting revelation. Write some more! Soon, please.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing