I like that Dr. Emmert seems to take the allegations against Paul Smith and Snodgrass very seriously. I'm very glad that Lois and Clark are going to get their grades, and that they are going to get their As, too.

And I loved how Lois reminded Clark that they have promised to really talk to each other every day:

"Fine." She sighed. "Okay, the last two days have been kind of crazy, but we said we'd share something every day. Since I brought it up, you get to start."

He chuckled. "Nice how that works, isn't it?"

"Yep."
I loved this!

And then Clark told Lois how he had never seriously dated another girl in his life, and how he had never really kissed, much less groped, anyone.

I loved Lois's comment:

"Wow. That right there would turn into a very steamy best seller if you ever wanted to tell your life story."
But Clark's reply was even better:

Clark groaned. "I told you, from the time I met you, I knew you were the one for me so there was no point in dating anyone seriously. It would only end up hurting someone and I didn't see why I should."
Every time Clark explains how he just knew, at fourteen, that Lois was the girl for him, that just blows me away. It's amazing, and it's wonderful.

Lois admitted that she hadn't read Martha's letter, but she promised that she would.

But Lois is still so insecure:

"I will read it, I promise."

"Thank you. She would have loved you, you know."

Lois didn't say anything to that.
No, Lois didn't say anything to that. She was too unsure of whether Martha really would have loved her. But later on, she acknowledges that Martha might at least have liked her, and she would probably have liked Martha:

You could have had my mom... I mean it – she would have loved you."

"I think I would have liked her, too," Lois said softly, stifling a yawn as she did.
By the way, I absolutely love what Clark told us about his mom and his ties:

She had a college degree and wanted to be an artist. She did sculptures from time to time – I think there's still some at the farm – and she made me a bunch of ties that are..." He smiled a far off sort of smile. "...not quite in fashion. I doubt they ever were. I haven't worn any of them yet.
So that is why so many of his ties are rather weird and wild!!!

And Cat's interview with Linda King was awesome.

"Did he ever work late with men?"

There was silence for a minute. "Not any that I can think of. I think the guys tend to get the early mornings and girls tend to get the later night shifts."
Paul only ever worked late with women, never with men!!! Guess why!!!

"What is the relationship, as you know it between Professor Smith and Tony Rader at the Star?"

"They went to college together. Everyone knows that. They covered East Germany together twenty years ago or something."
Paul is an old friend of Tony Rader at the Star. That figures.

And Cat made Linda describe how Paul started the rumour about Clark having an affair with Mayson!!

And Linda even admitted that she had been sexually involved with Paul, and that she would have liked to have a more serious relationship with him!

"What I want to know..." Cat sat thoughtfully for a minute. "How are all these things connected? Paul and Tony know each other from college and as correspondents or whatever. Tony may or may not know what's actually going on. It's possible that Paul just asked him to let you guys and Olivia and whoever else go and he did as a favor for a friend or whatever. It's also possible that he does know what's going on, but for now we may want to give him the benefit of the doubt. We can certainly try to interview him at some point. I'm sure that they're pretty far behind the eight-ball on this without you guys or that list. But what about Dr. Snodgrass? Why is he helping cover all this up?"
Excellent question! What is Snodgrass's part in all of this?

(Can't resist mentioning this... in the 1950, a beloved Swedish singer was called "Snoddas". I think of him every time I see Snodgrass's name. As for Snoddas, he was most famous for a song, "Flottarkärlek" (A Raftman's Love), where he sang about how unbelievably successful he was with women in all the villages around where he lived, and how - well, he doesn't say it, but we can guess it - how a lot of these women have shared his bed. Here is a YouTube version of Flottarkärlek with Snoddas.)

I was sorry to see that Lois was feeling afraid of Clark's body. That is a very sad setback for them, but natural under the circumstances.

I hope Lois and Clark can learn something useful from their books about love, too.

Well, I'm saying what Carolyn said: Come back soon with more!!!

Ann