It has been a long time since I've been able to post FDK, but I had to do in this chapter. I'm mad with this version of Clark. Furious. mad I think he's egoistical and heartless and his behavior with Jori is inexcusable. He'd already been stupid and harsh with Lois, but with Jory he's even worse. It's no wonder their parents "kicked him out of the nest". I don't know how Lois is putting up with him. I want to hit him with a kryptonite bat! grumble

When the little boy returned with his Velcro sneakers on the wrong feet, he found only Clark left in the room.
This scene broke my heart into pieces. Poor, poor boy. I wanted to burst into tears. whinging

“She’s not your mother,” Clark said. <Not mother.>

<Me mommy she baby told Jory mine!> came the vehement response. Jory ran to the door and tried to open it. When that didn’t work, he pressed his face to the block glass that lined the door in an attempt to see out. Then he raised a hand and knocked on it.
This is heartbreaking. My heart broke in smaller pieces. huh It doesn't seem like she is his mother. There's no indication that she have been involved with Clark. I'm sure if he told Lois the whole story she would be able to help him to find a way. But he is too much pigheaded to trust her. Luckily this Lois is patient. Very patient.

Sorry the rant. But this Clark is infuriating. mad

Please, come back with more. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part!

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15