Oh - this was so sad!!! I wondered what Lois had agreed to but had no clue that it was to be Jory's mother!!! Poor little guy!!! And she's right - Clark's not being much of a dad either.

Speaking of parenting though... time to get my own kids down for a nap. I'll be back later with more smile .

Edits:

Okay, back. They're in bed at least... Well, one kid is anyway...

Poor Jory - dealing with these episodes. I'm glad Clark told the daycare about them even before he enrolled Jory. There may not be any medicine that they can give him and he should have discussed that with them too - that there's really nothing to do but hold him through it - because surely if there was medicine, he would have left it with them. I don't know anything about the disease or syndrome or whatever you mentioned later, but I do wonder if there isn't some medication but Clark is reluctant to use it because of the possible physiological differences - assuming once again that Jory is his bio son.

I'm still curious about Lana. When I first read med school [did you mention that before? I forget], I was hopeful that she had been a leading researcher in this particular field, but apparently not. At least not on the up and up. So does that mean she really is the bio mom? And Clark says that she's not the mom because she's not present in Jory's life? Lois was right to call him on that later. He may be a father to Jory or a caregiver, but he's certainly not being a Dad by any stretch of my imagination.

He's so different than the DadClark we usually see. The one who longs for a child of his own to connect with, to have someone on earth who is a part of him and [usually] a part of Lois. I can't see how that's going to happen here. This Lois is so different than ours, but I think she would have gotten on fine with 'our Clark' and probably they would have been together and happy fairly quickly, but this Clark... I can easily see this Lois wanting children but not with this Clark - not after he's pushed Jory so far away, even if it is because he's trying to protect his own heart from Jory's eventual death. Lois was much more of a mom in this segment than Clark has been a Dad in the first 14 parts.

It breaks my heart. Maybe it's because of my own 8.5 month old son who had [now resolved] health problems. We were never even close to losing him, but it certainly wasn't easy. But at the same time I can't imagine not letting myself love him because he was sick. I said it before and I'll say it again, I think Clark is going to regret the time he spent trying to protect his heart. I think, eventually, it will break his heart - the time he lost with Jory. My heart breaks for him, for Jory, for the time they've lost. For Lois and Clark because, unless he grows up, I can't see them having a family together.

I realize there's a lot we don't know about Clark's past and there could be a lot more to it, but still...

I loved Lois and Jory's outing. I think she's probably right - Clark's not helping him even though he thinks he's protecting him. Poor Jory wanted to play ball with those kids - he just wants to be treated as normally as possible and who can blame him?

Have I mentioned how mad I am at Clark?!

Okay, okay - enough for now - but post more soon. Today. Today would be good. In fact, now if you want. wink Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a different Clark on top?

Carol

Edit again: Okay - I changed the topic because I realized that given my mood today, 'break my heart' might be a bit strong, though it certainly is applicable to me, and nothing else is coming to me but I didn't want to inadvertently discourage someone from reading.

Did I mention I haven't gotten Jory out of my head today [isn't this pathetic?]. I even looked up Progeria - of course, that makes my heart break more but... And of course it makes me more mad at Clark, because the life expectancy for this child is not 3 or 4, but probably 10-13. If the wiki is right, that is. Of course, if Jory really is half Kryptonian, then his life expectancy could easily be much more than that - what with the dense molecular structure and all. And Clark is shutting him out. No pictures on his desk. Nothing. Makes me want to kick his invulnerable rear end into next week.