I no longer trust Superman implicitly. I only know what I see. I saw him leave Lois, without telling her his secret, without telling her he loves her, without saying to her that that he wants to be with her, to make love to her, to marry her. I saw him leave, and that is all I know.
It would have been worse, in this fic, if he had stayed.

Because, in the L&C universe, Superman really IS Clark Kent, and if they had made love while he was supposed to be Superman, it would've boded ill for any future relationship between them while he was Clark.

Add to that, the fact that we know Clark was a virgin at this point, and I can totally see him flying off suddenly like that--nerves and all, y'know.

I liked this fic a lot. There is a part of me that wishes for more, but some of the best stories do that (ever heard of "The Lady or the Tiger?") and if the story had gone on, it may have ruined this effect.

I wouldn't be averse to a sequel though. In fact, I think if there ever were a sequel, with a revelation, Lois might be inclined to trust Clark MORE because he hadn't slept with her in this fic as Superman.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place