hey kathy and annie. sorry i took a while to post here. i had the worst time with my dial-up connection last night, and then when i finally got it stable, i got distracted by this other website and well... anyway... blush

the call to lucy was fun. laugh

glad she managed to convince lois that she was only acting on feelings that were already present. yay lucy! smile

love the way lois hung up on her. laugh

poor clark, though. espcially with this:

The single most amazing kiss he'd ever experienced in his life, and it hadn't even made an impression on her!
that would have been almost unbearably heartwrenching if you hadn't just told us that lois was on her way to make it up to him.

nice job with the wine bottles. i was reading that and picturing lois coming in to find a row of bottles that had met a variety of unfortunate fates, but i liked the way you worked it. smile

not sure what to make of clark's state when lois arrived. i have a feeling that was intentional, but i'm not sure. i do kind of like him being ambiguously drunk. still, i prefer to read it as clark being moody, overtired, frustrated, etc. thanks for leaving that interpretation open.

otoh, clark's being "drunk" does lend a nice balance to things.

add me in to the list of people who loved this bit, too:

With another moan, Clark captured her mouth again, his lips teasing her until she felt her knees go weak. "Lois?" he whispered huskily as he finally pulled back.

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."
very nice. smile

i did wonder about lois being willing to take him up on that, given her recent experience, but it does seem right. certainly gives us some lovely waff, and the line is both unexpected and perfect.

as for a sequel/epilogue, you're right... i don't see what's left to write. i'd love to see more from the two of you, but i'd be happy with something new. this one doesn't feel incomplete. the last line certainly feels right for the story.

so, great job, you two! smile thanks for sharing. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.