I never got a chance to post comments on Part 3 (which I thoroughly enjoyed, BTW), and now I can chime in to say ditto to many of the comments already made to Part 4 as well. I loved Lucy's conversation with Lois, and thank heavens that prompted Lois to *finally* remember what Clark had said when he left her apartment.

I'm a little confused about Clark and the alcohol, though. Normally, Clark should not be physically affected by the wine, right? At least, that's what he (and we) believes. However, since he's gone for 36 hours without sleep and he's also mentally exhausted and frustrated about Lois, are you trying to imply that he's gotten "mentally" tipsy? It seems a little that way to me, because otherwise, despite his frustration, I don't know that he would have had the courage to blurt it all out to Lois like that. I absolutely LOVED it, though. The kiss was magical, passionate and wondrous. And as for this...
With another moan, Clark captured her mouth again, his lips teasing her until she felt her knees go weak. "Lois?" he whispered huskily as he finally pulled back.

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."
Well, it was difficult to pick myself up off the floor after that. But I had to; I can't see the computer screen from the floor, and even though I had the most incredible mental picture in my head of this entire scene playing out, I just had to read that passage again - the word wonderful doesn't begin to describe how fantastic I thought this was... [Linked Image]

Re the calls for an epilogue: I personally don't feel the need to read about a revelation or anything like that. I think I feel like Roger, merely a little unsettled about Clark and his "inebriation", so I'll just say ditto to his post...

Wonderful job, ladies. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and hope to see another collaboration (as well as individual stories!) from you two soon! smile1

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5