Ann said:

believe that to you and to Wendy, and quite possibly to the huge majority of the people visiting these boards at all, the story of Lois and Clark emanates exclusively from a self-contained ABC TV show starring Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. Those of you who are looking at Lois and Clark that way are, or so I think, primarily exploring

a) individual episodes of that show, and

b) the character development of Lois and Clark seen as a function of the continuity of the show, which was created because the episodes were aired in a particular order.
True. I do see the series as providing the entire canon and continuity for fanfic that I write, and the Lois and Clark universe I work within. It's not that I'm not aware that there are comics and there have been films and other TV series, but I regard those as 'alternate universes'. The Lois and Clark - or Lois and Superman, since in most of these 'alternate realities' Superman is the real person, not Clark - of these other universes are not the Lois and Clark I know and love, and their stories have nothing to do with the stories of the Lois and Clark I write about, read about and watch.

To me, therefore, it makes no sense to judge 'our' Clark on the behaviour of his comics counterpart, because that isn't him. It's his counterpart from a completely different reality. The same goes for Lois.

Whether I'd feel any differently were I as immersed in the comics as you are, Ann, I don't know - I'd be interested to hear the perspective of a comics fan like Tank on this point.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*