Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:

The one thing that has always puzzled me about this episode is this: Why didn't Superman just push Nightfall off course? In any orbital mechanics problem, if you change the velocity or course of one of the objects even slightly, you prevent a collision (or, you can cause one). A slight nudge to Nightfall to reduce its velocity by half a percent and change its course by half a degree, and you have a near-Earth passage instead of death and destruction.

Oh, well, without the impact collision, we wouldn't have had Superman and Lois All Shook Up, now would we?
I have campaigned long and hard with each author that does an Adapt of this episode, with no success. Yes, it would make more sense to push it off course...unless it is tumbling, which would make it more difficult, but not impossible.

I have an idea, that at this point is some years down the way, about how to overcome the little problem of doing it right and still getting the amnesia thing in. It's just an idea and I might need to borrow Nan's Hybrid Kryptonite from the Dagger series to do it just right.

David,

I loved this story and look forward to nominating it. So send it to the Archive already!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!