Hey, Frame (I hope you don't mind if I address you by your first name), thanks for the response. In this context, her response is consistent with erh character if not logical by my way of thinking. I'm still not sure I understand Lois's reasoning, but that makes as much sense as a lot of the stupid things she did in the series. And since people do things in real life that totally baffle me, why should LC fanfic be any different?

The one thing that has always puzzled me about this episode is this: Why didn't Superman just push Nightfall off course? In any orbital mechanics problem, if you change the velocity or course of one of the objects even slightly, you prevent a collision (or, you can cause one). A slight nudge to Nightfall to reduce its velocity by half a percent and change its course by half a degree, and you have a near-Earth passage instead of death and destruction.

Oh, well, without the impact collision, we wouldn't have had Superman and Lois All Shook Up, now would we?

Again, David, this was an excellent story. I eagerly await both the sequel and any other stories from you. You're good.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing