Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Clark learns (or not) that he can be very persuasive (i.e. hypnotize people) when exposed to Kryptonite dust. My question is what kind of kryptonite dust is that?? It looked white to me. White kryptonite? Clear crystal kryptonite? Has he been exposed to that before? There's the green kind, and the red kind, and the blue kind.... hmmmm.
It's called Gemstone Kryptonite and it's unique to Smallville.
Gee, really? That's a surprise. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
When watching Smallville we can't expect logic. The whole red sun made no logic, either. In the red sun future Clark had no powers, but the Kandorians did. Why? Under a red sun all Kryptonians should be normal. And when the ninja assassin came back to the past, she was under yellow sun and kept her powers. But at the same time her past self doesn't have powers under the yellow sun. Confuse. crazy
Yeah, I was wondering about this. It seems kind of backwards, but I think it was supposed to be because Jor-El had exposed their blood to Blue Kryptonite removing the possibility for powers under a yellow sun. I believe the implication was that with a red sun they would have them, but wouldn't that also imply that with a red sun the humans would have powers as well? (That would be a fun plot untwist of S9.) Only thing is, THE KANDORIANS DIDN'T HAVE ANY POWERS ON KRYPTON! So why moan and bitch about not having them on Earth? It just makes them seem like a bunch of whiny cry-babies. They assume (apparently correctly according to Pandora) that the Blue Kryptonite crystal reverses the effects of the red or yellow sun on Kryptonian. If this is true, though, why didn't the Kryptonians USE IT ON KRYPTON to give themselves powers, while they were fighting that war in which Kandor was destroyed or to save themselves from their doomed planet? huh

And they don't really turn our sun red, they just change the powers of the yellow sun by polluting the atmosphere to imitate a red sun.

Maybe it was because Smallville's main audience were teenagers. So, they were not too worried about logic, continuation and plot holes.
Hollywood is famous for underestimating the intelligence of its audience.

We can see it by Smallville fanfic. It's too hard to find good Smallville fanfic. I've searched for good fics about season 8 and forward, but it's almost non existent. Most is bad written, lacks deepness and plot, and a big part was never finished. frown It leads to conclude that the audience were not too intense in details, consistence, logic, characterization and new ideas. Come on, everything was consequence of Kryptonite. Smallville had an unlimited supply of it. They had 1001 forms of Kryptonite in all colors, shapes and presentations: rock, liquid, gas, powder and so on. Magical kryptonite dust giving Clark powers to hypnotize... yeah, right. [Linked Image]
Sounds like Smallville FanFic writers were written into a corner with the whole Kandorian plot... A good writer can bi-pass (and sometimes mock [Linked Image]) the awful things someone else has written and make it better (for example, all the good Deadly Chakram has done with New Kryptonian plots. There are also probably others who have as well, but NK-heavy plots aren't up there on my want-to-read list.).

I've read several of KatherineKent's Smallville fics that she's posted on the "Superman In Other Canon" forum and I've really enjoyed them. True, most of them were either set early or alt-universe, but it *is* possible. I've started IolantheAlias's Perry White epic but I had to put it on pause while I finish catching up on the episodes so I'm not spoiled, but so far so thumbsup I'm looking forward to reading MozartMaid's take on Pandora and S9, once I finish this season. (Do I need to worry about S10 spoilers, Mozartmaid?)

Apart from the silly A-plot it was a fun episode. LOL at Lois's dance. rotflol Clark telling Lois that he wants a traditional relationship was sweet. And when he tells Lois that they will be together forever, he seems to realize that this is what he really wants. He doesn't let her go, even if she isn't in her right mind. And when he tells her "Lois, you are home"... </me melts> [Linked Image]
Yes, have to agree with you there. /love your smilies./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.