S9, E4 - "Echo" - clap Yea! This episode was wonderful.
Yeah! Glad you liked it.

With his new talent to read people's minds, Clark finally knows that his feelings for Lois are requited. And, then, he lunkheadly stands her up. wallbash lol Well, they've got the characterization right. Naughty boy, even *steals* her a doughnut.
I love all the things he learns in this, especially the 'date' thing. Stealing her the doughnut is priceless.

Yeah, he stands her up, but not because he's chosen just not to go ... he got caught up in a 'Blur' thing - saving people. Kind of remind you of late S2 for LnC, maybe?

I love that out of everyone, it's Lois whose mind he reads first. Is that telling you something, Smallville? Of course, he misuses the ability.
I seriously thought, for a while, the she was the ONLY mind he was going to be able to read. I love that he did focus in on her first, and for quite a while, before all the rest of the world came in. And of course he misuses it ... he wants to get closer to Lois, to impress her, to get her out on a date!!! Sooo very nearly. I was so annoyed that all that 'cheating' by Clark lead to nothing in the end.

I'm amazed she's willing to give Clark a second almost-date chance after he not only stood her up, but did so to scoop her on a story, AND told her he didn't want her around to help him. He owes her. BIG TIME!
She's being very forgiving, isn't she. Of course we know that he wasn't trying to scoop her story or push her away, but he wanted to keep her out of danger and this was his excuse. *shakes head* Clark, don't tell her that she's 'not needed'. She's going to believe you, and then you come off as a .... jerk/chauvinist?

Soo ... next Episode. laugh Can't wait for your review of that!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."