I have seen half of two different episodes of Smallville--no idea which ones they were. It wasn't that I didn't like what I saw, it's just that it wasn't L&C. I really love how Lois and Clark/Superman are portrayed, along with their relationship, in L&C--and I just couldn't seem to see the characters any other way blush ...
I don't know if the episodes you saw were from the last three seasons. If not, I recommend you give it a try. I was positively surprised. I couldn't stand broody and moody Clark from seasons 1 to 7, but from season 8 ahead he makes a 180 degree turn and then you can believe he has potential to become Superman. smile The turning point is his relationship with Lois. With her he becomes confident and self-assured and even finds a sense of humor. laugh You can see what a difference she makes. While Lana turned him into a whining teenager Lois turned him into Superman. wink

Virginia, thanks for the rec. I'm going to read it. thumbsup

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15