There are people (like me) who are, first and foremost, a Clark/Superman fan. How much I love the relationship between Clark and Lois is second place (by only a smidgen) to how much I love the character of Clark/Superman. So ... I watch anything with Superman in it and am therefore a fan of both shows.

The people who watch LnC for the 'romance' and not because of any connection to the single character of Clark/Superman, probably won't watch Smallville.
I have been a fan of L&C since the pilot aired in '93, and specifically tuned at the beginning for the romance/relationship aspect of the show. It's what immediately caught my attention when I started watching--and still is what has kept me loving the show (and the fanfic). But, through the show I have come to be a Superman fan because of how the subject directly effects the relationship between Lois and Clark. Superman's powers and secret and origin are what makes Clark who he is. And all of this is what makes up a lot of his connection to Lois...their similarities--both hiding their true selves, feeling different, how they relate to others (and to each other), trusting, etc. I guess, bottom line, what I'm trying to babble out is that you can't have Lois and Clark w/o Superman, and so I have come to love the whole love triangle smile ...

I have seen half of two different episodes of Smallville--no idea which ones they were. It wasn't that I didn't like what I saw, it's just that it wasn't L&C. I really love how Lois and Clark/Superman are portrayed, along with their relationship, in L&C--and I just couldn't seem to see the characters any other way blush ...

I've sat through a few of the different Superman movies, and had the same reaction...they were good, but not what I really wanted to see of the characters.

I think what I'm leading up to here is to say that we need a 'recommendations' list for the people here who would miss out on fantastic Lois and Clark stories just because it's based on Smallville (or on the Comics universe). There are plenty of stories out there that only have vague references to characters and events and could otherwise easily slip into the LnC world. Unfortunately at the moment, my brain is screaming at me to get some sleep and so I can't bring a single one to mind. ARGH!
BUT, I have been SO IMPRESSED with anything and everything L&C-related that I have read here and in the
Archive--and always will give anything a shot thumbsup ...so, recommendations please smile

So, hope you don't my me rambling on. Hopefully I've done it in an endearing Lois style and now Clark is 'head over heels' in love with me.
laugh --came off as a very nice Lois-styled babble--well done! Think Clark will be smitten...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~