Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As 2013 draws to a close, it's time (or past time) to announce that for the new year Queen of Capes and I have joined forces and compiled a list of Monthly and Bizarro Challenges to inspire you for 2014. I hope you join in with our fun and write! We'll certainly be here to read.

Here's a list of the Challenges with a hint to what's to come to tingle those synapses. Details of the Challenge should unfold roughly a month before the beginning of the Challenge Month.

January: Brutal Aging vs. Brutal Youth . Not difficult enough? Try our Extra Brutal Bonus Challenge .

February: Lois & Clark WAFFy vs. Anti-Lois & Clark Bizarro Challenge . If those aren't enough of a challenge for you, try a whack at our Ultra Marriage Challenge

March: Alt-canon visit vs. Evil alt-dimension visits If that's not enough Clarks, Supermen, and Loises to confuse even the sober readers, try our Bonus Alt-Visitor Challenge

April: Slap-stick comedy vs. WHAM! If that's not enough kryptonite for you, try our Super Extra Credit Kryptonite Challenge

May: Journey into Space (or NK) vs. Aliens Invade or if those two challenges seem to constricting, try your hand at our Super Bizarro Full Scale War Challenge.

June: Time Travel vs. Time Loop. If neither of those fit your time-travel thirst, try our Ultra Time Warp Bonus Challenge

July: Land (camping) vs. Sea (boat trip) and if both of the challenges tickle your fancy how about combining them and Shipwreck! Lois and Clark.

August: Superman groupies vs. run-in with Bureau 39. Again, if that's not fanatical enough for you, try our Ultra Superman-Obsession Challenge

September: Something "Borrowed" vs. Boys In Blue. If you don't think enough hijinks will ensue, try out Ultra Bizarro Undercover Challenge

October: Visiting Hero vs. Visiting Villain. If that isn't enough confusion for you, try our Strange Visitor Extra Credit Challenge. Keep your readers guessing!

November: Super Good (Better) Episode Rewrite Challenge vs. The Ultra Bad Episode Rewrite Challenge. For something a little more seasonal, take our Bizarro Thanksgiving Challenge. Are you up to the rewrite challenge?

December: Super Best Christmas Ever vs. Ultra Bad Christmas Challenge

New for 2014: For each month Queen and I have come up with an Extra Credit Bonus Challenge (or two), which ups the ante for the regular challenge. Are you up to the Challenge? How about the Super Challenge? How about the Ultra Challenge? Try your hand at them ALL and earn our everlasting praise! notworthy

Please remember to send your posted stories onto Labby at the Archives . Our goal is to have all stories posted for these Monthly Challenges submitted to the Archives prior to the start of the next year's Kerth nomination period (i.e. before January 2015). A good rule of thumb is post your story, get feedback (FDK) for about a week, and then submit stories to the Archives. Then it's off your plate and into the hands of one of LabRat's team of wonderful General Editors, and your mind can be free to explore new ideas and stories.

Thank you in advance for all of your hard work and for continuing to entertain us in 2014!

5/5/14 EDIT: I have corrected all the broken links caused by the recent upgrade. Feel free to check out any of our suggestions at any time. smile1 We *love* late entrees.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 11/05/14 07:44 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

Although the idea for Anything for You had formed prior to the announcement of the 2014 challenge list, the story does fit in nicely with the August challenge. If you wish to consider it a *very* early answer to the challenge, feel free to do so.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Lynn, for your early submission! hyper

Next up, February. Love is in the air, here is your Lois & Clark WAFFy Challenge .

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those in the mood for something a bit less romantic, Queen of Capes has also posted her Anti-Lois & Clark Bizarro Challenge . /Michael & Lynn, I think this one might answer your earlier questions/

VirginiaR.
---
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I wrote a story for February's Bizarro Challenge.

Lois Interruptus

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I wrote a story for February's Bizarro Challenge.

Lois Interruptus
hyper Oooooh. Another early submission! Thank you, LLF!

Our February Extra Credit challenge (aka Ultra Marriage Challenge ) is now up on the boards.

Get your thinking caps on and ply your muse with chocolates, it's time to get somebody, *ANYBODY*, hitched, but they don't have to like it.

All above marriages must come with at least one interruptor per story. Thank you. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's the fifth of the month and time to post the new Challenge for the upcoming month. For March , we have inter-dimensional travel. Please hold on your stories and start to post time after the first of month of the challenge. Thanks!

Have fun! wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Queen of Capes has posted her Bizarro Evil Alt-Dimension Challenge .

And for those who don't think either of March's challenges include enough Loises and Clarks, try our Bonus Alt-Visitor Challenge . evil You'll wish you hadn't.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's March, so bring forth your Alt-Dimension Loises and Clarks, be they good or be they evil.

April's Kryptonite Challenges have also been issued (scroll to the top thread for links). Write a slap-stick comedy involving red K, or a tragic sob story with green K, or make our sides split either literally or figuratively with both. evil Happy writing, everyone!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's May - Time to prepare yourself for a journey into space or to be invaded by someone OTHER than New Kryptonians.

I'll start the ball rolling for June's Challenges coming up later today.

To Fix above Broken Links:

You can find Lynn S.M.'s Anything for You already on the Archives. (I'm sorry, Lynn, but a TOC search didn't yield me anything huh )

Lois Lane Fan's above referenced story: Lois Interruptus can be found here.

All the other links in the main / initial Challenge screen have been fixed (still working on the link within each individual challenge though).

EDIT: All links should now work on the above-listed Challenge threads (and those referenced within those threads). Please let me know if there are any more I need to fix. Thanks.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/05/14 07:13 PM. Reason: Update

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the pointer to my story. The regular search didn't turn up the story for me either, but a little creative searching found it here.

In case you're curious, the way I found it was to go to the User List, click on the number indicating how many posts I've made, and then use my browser's page-search facility (available via CTRL^F) to find the word "Anything" in the topics. I had to go through several pages, but I eventually did find it.

I certainly wouldn't expect you to go through all that hassle to locate it, but I thought you might be interested in the tip in case, for example, you wished to locate one of your own earlier posts.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the pointer to my story. The regular search didn't turn up the story for me either, but a little creative searching found it here.

In case you're curious, the way I found it was to go to the User List, click on the number indicating how many posts I've made, and then use my browser's page-search facility (available via CTRL^F) to find the word "Anything" in the topics. I had to go through several pages, but I eventually did find it.

I certainly wouldn't expect you to go through all that hassle to locate it, but I thought you might be interested in the tip in case, for example, you wished to locate one of your own earlier posts.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks, Lynn. I know I had trouble locating some of my stories with commonly used words like "Another Day" or "Another Lois" or "All in a Name". laugh Michael suggested that we all concentrate on entitling our stories with punchier titles to combat this issue. I know titles aren't my forte.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Michael suggested that we all concentrate on entitling our stories with punchier titles to combat this issue. I know titles aren't my forte.
Hmmm... That sounds like it could be the seeds of a challenge -- come up with the "punchiest" title you can; you don't even have to write a story to go with it. If you post just the title, it might inspire someone to write a matching story. What do you think?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Michael suggested that we all concentrate on entitling our stories with punchier titles to combat this issue. I know titles aren't my forte.
Hmmm... That sounds like it could be the seeds of a challenge -- come up with the "punchiest" title you can; you don't even have to write a story to go with it. If you post just the title, it might inspire someone to write a matching story. What do you think?
Sounds like a great challenge to me. I know my UW story has a nice punchy title. laugh Actually, I came up with the title before the story, which is unusual for me.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I think that Terry Leatherwood's "When Death Comes Knocking Punch Him in the Mouth" would win the contest, hands down, on multiple levels. I'd love to see what other people could come up with, though.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
September's Challenge have now been posted! Come check them out and tempt your muse.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard