Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ahoy there! Let's set sail for adventure, comedy, or maybe even romance as Lois and Clark embark on a luxury cruise. Will they merrily roll along, or are there rough seas ahead?

Rules:
1. Lois and Clark cannot leave the cruise ship.
2. The story must feature an Artificial Intelligence (can be good, evil, or neutral; it doesn't matter)
3. During the story, either Lois or Clark is forced to keep up a health program that may involve strange exercises, dietary changes, and/or whatever silliness you can dream up (including pyramid-shaped hats).

This is for the 2014 Monthly and Bizarro Challenges. Good luck writing, and don't forget your life-jackets! wink

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First cruise of an experimental SmartShip (TM)? That runs everything on board to cut down on staff. That way it knows everything onboard so Clark can't change.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by dcarson
First cruise of an experimental SmartShip (TM)? That runs everything on board to cut down on staff. That way it knows everything onboard so Clark can't change.
Love this idea! notworthy Does this means that there are cameras in the rooms, or just in the halls, so someone might see Superman coming out of a cabin?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/06/14 05:51 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
If I remember correctly there's been one or two comics where Clark is stuck on a cruise ship in the 90s or so, if there's people interested in possible inspiration. Don't remember when, though.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The first comic book meeting of Batman and Superman took place on a cruise ship. The story is in Superman #76, published in 1952. I don't want to say more about it for fear of spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, so all I'll say is that it's a fun read. And yes, Lois is on board as well.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Not the one I was thinking of (I remember one where Bruce and Clark have to share a cabin/bed while an emergency is taking place and both try to figure out a way to leave (they don't know each other's secret as far as I remember).

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Christina,

I think you are, indeed, thinking of the one I was referring to. As I mentioned, I purposely kept my description nebulous in order to avoid spoilers, but what you wrote is consistent with that story.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Christina,

I think you are, indeed, thinking of the one I was referring to. As I mentioned, I purposely kept my description nebulous in order to avoid spoilers, but what you wrote is consistent with that story.

Joy,
Lynn

The Ten Craziest Superman/Batman stories is the version that I was thinking of. It's a Post-Crisis version of Clark and Bruce meeting. The reason this was probably the one I remembered had to do with the Bat/Sup shippers tend to reference this story. It was the Superman/Batman Annual that I was thinking of.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by Christina
The Ten Craziest Superman/Batman stories is the version that I was thinking of. It's a Post-Crisis version of Clark and Bruce meeting. The reason this was probably the one I remembered had to do with the Bat/Sup shippers tend to reference this story. It was the Superman/Batman Annual that I was thinking of.

I guess that that story was, in part, an homage to their first meeting. If I recall correctly, there was a at least one other Superman/Batman story that paid tribute to their original in-comic meeting. (I say "in comic" because they did meet before that in the old radio program.)

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard