Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To stretch your romantic muscles in time for February and Valentine's Day, here is your 2014 Super WAFFy Challenge: Create a story with Lois and Clark full of Warm and Fluffy Feelings.

Yep. That's it. I know. Difficult, huh? Why in the world would those two ever get together? Sorry, motivation is your problem. But, wait, there are...

RULES:
1) Story must be set in S1.
2) Lois and Clark must get married... *really* married, no fake marriages for the convenience of Lexor Honeymoon suites.
3) At least one (hopefully inconvenient) Jimmy Interruptus.

This is the 2014 Monthly Challenge Challenge for February 2014. Please start posting your stories in February, and remember to submit your finished story to LabRat at the Archives afterwards.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/05/14 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because I'm feeling evil. Not necessarily writing-evil, just evil...
2) Lois and Clark must get married... *really* married, no fake marriages for the convenience of Lexor Honeymoon suites.
Are they allowed to get a divorce in March when Lois finds out that Lex is also in the market for a new wife?

peep Michael

Edit: I just realized, the evil thoughts could stem from withdrawal of my favorite soap opera. spider

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
One good evil deserves another...

They both have to get married -- but do they have to get married to each other? peep

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, lots of pessimism for this romantic challenge. Yes, technically, Lois and Clark can get divorced in March, but I don't see how that would give us Warm and Fluffy Feelings, because no matter how you spin it, Lois and Lex is just icky. Ditto with your suggestions, Lynn.

Perhaps you two are better suited for February's Bizarro Challenge or our Extra Credit Challenge (posting soon by Queenie).

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> Edit: I just realized, the evil thoughts could stem from withdrawal of my favorite soap opera. dance

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Still posting on Tuesday nights, Michael.
[Linked Image]

Holiday break left me with little or nada by way of writing time.
[Linked Image]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Happy that school started back up today. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
February begins on Saturday! Almost time to get your WAFF on! dance

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
My current story may end up with Lois and Clark getting married during season 1. However, since they also meet almost 10 years before the start of season 1 (Nov. 1983 as opposed to April 1993, that based on the date on the newspaper in "Super Mann") I am not sure that will count.

I am also not sure we will go as far as to see them marry at all. I doubt if we do it will get posted during February.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I need to get back to work, but maybe I can do a follow up for Countermeasures.

Anybody interested?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Go for it, Morgana! Loved that story clap !

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

I accept your challenge. / bends down and picks up gauntlet /

I will begin posting the story on February 26 so beware.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

You know my schedule, but I always make time for you, Sis.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
I accept your challenge. / bends down and picks up gauntlet /

I will begin posting the story on February 26 so beware.
smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken's finally started posting his answer to my WAFFy challenge. hyper H.G. Wells rewrites the course of events in Smallville during Green, Green Glow of Home (I'm guessing) in Ken's 10-part story GGGoH - Matchmaker Style . I'm taking it that this is a stand-alone story with a visit from your Matchmaker "Herb Wells" character, Ken. Is that correct? Any word on your posting schedule?

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

You are quite correct. This story is outside of the Matchmaker volume set, a stand alone. It just has a Matchmaker twist.

As to the posting schedule - once a week, on Wednesdays. Oh, and there is an N.f.i.c version going up simultaneously.

Right now Hattie is going up on Mondays, the latest Matchmaker on Tuesdays and Fridays so that only left two days to choose from. (Rather a busy posting schedule)

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
You are quite correct. This story is outside of the Matchmaker volume set, a stand alone. It just has a Matchmaker twist.

As to the posting schedule - once a week, on Wednesdays. Oh, and there is an N.f.i.c version going up simultaneously.

Right now Hattie is going up on Mondays, the latest Matchmaker on Tuesdays and Fridays so that only left two days to choose from. (Rather a busy posting schedule)
You must have given up sleep, Ken. That's a lot of stories to post!

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard