Clark read the letter three times before he set it down. Then he lifted it back up and read it again. How could it possible for the DMV to have his non-existent records corrupted?
Super Lois to the rescue.

Herb?
Nope, someone much prettier.

which made it very difficult for Lex to see her facial expression.
Hopefully she does not try too hard or he will suspect she is trying to obscure his vision.

and he hadn’t yet bedded her.
And never will.

“Hmmmm.” Lex murmured, wondering what Lois would be like after three months chained to the wall of his manor house’s basement guest chamber.
He is even sicker than I thought.

He was quite frustrated and wished he could volunteer to have her bathroom fan fixed without her suspecting how he knew it was broken.
Did she deliberately brake it? On the other hand, how does he know it is broken as opposed to her just not turning it on?

Lex wondered if Superman could see through steam and bet that he could with those x-ray eyes.
Only if they are not really x-rays. Although since he can see through clothes without just seeing bone, but also can look to see minor bone fractures, it seems he has other special vision than just x-ray.

If Superman found Lois in Lex’s torture chamber, it would be the Man of Steel who benefited from her ordeal and not Lex.
This assumes that Superman does not rescue her long before she is taken that far.

Also, if Superman saw how easily she could be hurt, it might persuade him to drop his honor and duty stance for a little tension relief. Then Lex would have lost all opportunity to have her, and he had to possess her.
If his theory here is true, he has lost all opportunity. Especially if she is pregnant.

He doubted Lois really was an inexperienced he had led Mrs. Cox to believe,
I think this should be "was as inexperienced as he". It might also be possible to modify "inexperienced" with woman and make it "was an inexperienced woman as".

but with Superman’s ethics, he knew it wouldn’t take much to beat the hero to that conquest.
Well, I think he has already failed. At least this has been my view on what happened at the hospital for a while.

No, Lex couldn’t have Superman take Lois away from him, especially now when he was so close to his goal.
Wait, is the ring still at the penthouse?

John Pack Lambert