We’ll give you until Friday to produce it; otherwise, we’ll have to let you go. You understand,” Chip said with a gloating smile, as if he knew Clark wouldn’t be able to produce it, before heading towards the elevators.
Duh!
CLARK (while dangling Chip over the rooftop by his necktie): Silk ties can be slippery. You understand.

Clark had no idea what to do.
[Linked Image]
LOIS: clap

she hastily jotted down a note to Eugene to fax a copy of his statement to Clark at the Daily Planet.
But will it reach him?

At lunchtime, she was more than ready for a breather, but Nigel had brought her a meal prepared by Lex’s personal chef.
She needs to get into shape for the wedding gown?

When Robertson, the LNN news director, had come to discuss her progress on her Nightfall Virus angle, Nigel had frisked him before allowing him entrance into Lois’s office.
Bonus! Did he also do a cavity search?

Mayson had kicked Lois out of her office, claiming that Lois had wasted her time with lies about an investigation of Lex Luthor and his criminal antics.
Oops?

In her apartment, she changed into jeans, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes went down the back stairs and a block away, and caught the taxi she had called.
laugh

When she stepped out of the taxi at the Mission, Nigel was standing outside waiting for her.
He’s smarter than he looks.

“But I’m not here only to protect you, but also the diamond engagement ring upon your finger. Mr. Luthor specifically requested that I guard it with my life as it’s worth a small fortune.”
See? /waits for Lois to pull it off and shove into Nigel’s face before storming inside/

“Fine,” she had replied, pulling the ring from her finger and tossing it to the Englishman.
See?

She had ducked past his shocked expression and into the Mission.
NIGEL: Proper Missus ain’t not supposed to behaving’ them way. No, sir.

“I don’t understand it,” Nan said, pulling Lois back to the present. “We have hardly any guests today.”

Lois knew why. Nigel St. John still stood outside the entrance to the Mission.
Would make a fine story for the Daily Planet: Lex Luthor’s fiancée causes scores of homeless people to go hungry.

“Oh, Kent, good. I just slid another piece of mail under your door. It was from last week’s pile. I just found it. It must have slipped off my side table. It looked official,” his landlord informed him. “Next time you head out of town, you should put your mail on hold.”
Oooh! License!

At your earliest convenience and within the next thirty days, please call to set up an appointment to have your photograph taken and your license re-issued. You will need to bring a copy of this letter, as well as your birth certificate, current driver’s license, or passport as proof of your identification. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that the information in your file has been compromised and will suspend your license.
Uh-oh. Has it already been more than 30 days?

turning her head upside-down to continue rubbing it with the towel, which made it very difficult for Lex to see her facial expression.
laugh

Oh, to have the viewpoint of that drop of water or, better yet, to lick it off her body. He cleared his throat.
Lex Luthor! You scoundrel! Also, he’d better not mention that to the mistress.

He could imagine her as a tigress, using her claws to fight him off,
She could also use them to rip…things off.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.