“She means nothing to me, Betsy,” he said, plunging his tongue deep into her mouth.
So now we have given Elizabeth Cox the part of a real role in the story.

“She doesn’t make me feel the way you do.”
Only because she holds out on him.

“She’s a virgin, and I want to take that away from him before she dies.”
Does Lex actually believe this lie?

Betsy reached back with her hand, until it enclosed around his letter opener. She brought it to his throat.
Kill him now Betsy. She really should have worn cloves.

Of course. Although, thanks to his powers of memory, Clark remembered distinctly having his driver’s license photocopied when he filled out his new hire paperwork. It would be an easy paper to mislay though.
Especially if you are running a scam. Luckily for Clark not having either of these documents is no crime in the US.

“Actually, it’s been very inconvenient,” Clark said, mimicking his crossed arms.
Is Clark trying to expose his identity?

treated her like a queen… okay, Anne Boleyn in any case,
Does that make Ariana the much loved Queen Catherine?

Laderman agreed to corroborate her story about the virus found on the spreadsheet diskette at her apartment, but refused to do so on the air.
The ungrateful runt. If it was not for Lois he would be serving a life sentence.

a note to Eugene to fax a copy of his statement to Clark at the Daily Planet.
So he won't get this due to the bomb?

“Fine,” she had replied, pulling the ring from her finger and tossing it to the Englishman. “It will be much easier for you to protect it from inside Lex’s penthouse. You may inform Mr. Luthor that if he expects me to live in this way, he’s sorely mistaken. Good day.” She had ducked past his shocked expression and into the Mission.
hyper dance she gave back the ring.

John Pack Lambert