“And while most of our copy writers work in the newsroom…” Erica droned on.
A very apt description of the type of presentations given by the likes of Erica.

And Clark.
smile1 Lois wants Clark. OK, that has never been in doubt to the reader (although it is in doubt to Clark) since at least part 88, but still.

Lois wondered if she could find a photo in archives with her and Lex to put up on her bookshelf.
That might not be a good idea if Superman flies by.

Not that she’d want to look at such a photo on a daily basis, but it would stop the spread any further titters of malicious gossip.
I think thatshould be "spread of any".

They may think of her as the woman who slept her way to the top, but bashing the owner’s friend within the building was a sure way for someone to get fired.
Friend or girlfriend?

Apparently, his form of screaming was popular with some people.
Sounds like how Lois would react to such. I never understood the idea of Lois and Clark wanting to go to a Pearl Jam concert.

Had she really known him less than a year? It seemed so much longer than that.
Is this because the story has been in process of being written for over a year. (run away).

She was about to move to the next screen when a familiar streak of blue and red caught her attention.
Yes, she gets to see Clark.

How she had missed him.
Sad that it has been so long since he was where he belongs, which is in Lois's arms.

Clark appeared more drawn than usual,
Lois abandoning him is getting to him.

“Oh, him,” the man said casually. “I’ve met him, you know.”
Lois:I named him.

She couldn’t suppress a grin. I love him, you know.
Yes, she thinks in terms of love.

Deep, Lois thought wryly. Under that definition, Clark must be ten times the man this guy was because he could do both.
Actually, Clark is probably more like 20 times the man this guy is.

“I said do you have any comment on the reports that Nightfall Major never would have hit Earth without your, EPRAD’s, and Superman’s interference?” the reporter on the screen asked again. Lois instantly recognized the slimy voice as Ralph’s.
I half wish Ralph had died.

“The way I heard it, Secretary, other astronomers, namely Dr. Martin Solsvig of LexLabs, stated unequivocally that Nightfall Major had less than a thirty-five percent chance of striking Earth.
That is still insanely high.

“Not any more, Lane. We’re a team here at LNN. If you care about the story, you’ll work with Radner and Cardinal about getting the truth out as quickly as possible,” Robertson said.
The truth? LNN and the truth almost never intersect.

She had completely forgotten about her investigation on what happened during Nightfall,
So it is partly Lois's fault that Clark is getting attacked on all fronts.

“Ralph Spagoda! I’m going to tear you to shreds and bury the pieces in the four corners of the Earth, so that you cannot be reborn!” she screamed, marching down the stairs and into the bullpen.
Making such threats seems unwise on her part.

“Clark went to meet a source,” Joe finally called from the Information Desk.
Lois: grumble my one chance to meet Clark in over a week and he is away.

“Lois! Darling, I thought I heard your voice. What are you doing here?” Lex said, exiting Perry’s office.
This is the most annoying use of an endearment by Lex yet.

“Who is that?” Lois heard the new guy ask someone.

“That is the formidable Lois Lane,” Cat answered.
Skip really knows nothing about newspapers.

and micromanaging Clark going to make this a better paper?”
It will better meet Luthor's goals.

“I left some things here when I quit. I came to collect them,” she said softly.
Like Clark she is telling the truth, just in a deceptive way.

Lex stood up and came around the desk to where Lois was standing. He cupped her jaw in his hands and kissed her gently on the lips, freezing her with shock.
I am sickened by this.

She could feel the ice crystals forming inside her inner fire as he kissed her again.
I am even sicker now.

“Not the biggest,” Lois grumbled. That title went to Clark’s ex-fiancée. “He shouldn’t have proposed. It was too early.”
To Clark it seemed almost too late.

“The tight-end doesn’t know you’re faking a pass.”
So much for the "I love you" and the note working.

“Riiiiiiight,” Cat said slowly, and Lois rolled her eyes in response.
Well, she did choose Clark over Superman.

John Pack Lambert