[Linked Image]
Erica lifted her arm to indicate the room they had just entered full of tall grey cubicles that would ensure the lack of collaboration between employees.
So nobody considers doing any deep investigative pieces on the less savory parts of Metropolis’s business world?

Lois could just picture Clark describing the environment as sterile… well, with the grey carpet, the grey walls, the grey cubicles, and the grey metal desks he would have a point. It was just so lacking in… color.
The reason Lois is always wearing colorful microsuits at the Planet?

“Due to your… uh… unique qualifications and expertise…”
I don’t think knowing how to please Lex is that unique a qualification.

Erica paused and gave Lois a plastic smile, which told Lois exactly what rumors her co-workers were already spreading about how she had landed the job.
Back in 50BC, they drew all sorts of pictorials on Roman walls about how Julius Caesar got the freak on with that Egyptian Whore™. Are we going to find the 20th century equivalents in the ladies’ bathroom?

Until then, she’d give Clark Kent the run for his money on winning ‘Nicest Person in Metropolis Award’… well, at least, within the walls of LNN.
I don’t think Clark would win NPiMA within the walls of LNN.

It was a small non-descript room with an empty bookshelf, a wooden desk with a computer and telephone already set up, and a couple of chairs. At least the room had a window.
No couch? No shower?
[Linked Image]
Duh! The master is never going to visit his concubine. She’s the one to visit him.

She’d bring in her non-personal personal items tomorrow to make this office her own... or appear as if it were her own. She would never be the real Lois Lane here.
A pink deskplant? A photograph of her parents? A Barbie doll bobble head?

As she went to sit down in her chair, she saw a piece of paper that someone had left there. Only one word had been written on it.

Whore.
Not very creative. They should have gone with a big, fat, red letter ‘A’.

She guessed it was just another demonstration of the differences between the Daily Planet’s staff and LNN’s.
TV-reporters have to be concise and very clear in their reports, otherwise the average Metropolitan won’t get it?

but bashing the owner’s friend within the building was a sure way for someone to get fired.
Sometimes literally.
“Todd from Maintenance,” the man announced before wheeling a big ficus plant into her office. It was decorated with a pink bow.
/starts countdown for plant to commit suicide/

Or maybe Lex wouldn’t wait until tomorrow.
clap

“Thank you, Todd. Where would I be able to get a recycling can for my office?” she asked, holding up the ‘whore’ sign she’d been left in plain view of the ficus.

Todd appeared aghast at what the paper read and snatched it out of her hands, wadding it up. “Don’t you worry about that, Ms. Lane. I’ll take care of it for you.”
Ooooh!

“Those are the live feeds, which we can switch to at any moment should anything interesting occur,” the man replied. He gave her a nudge, and lowered his voice.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Lois’s own live feeds were to end up on those monitors?

One was at the Metro subway station, where crime scene tape had cordoned off a stop, probably due to an accident on the rails.
FDK 149:
Wouldn’t it be fun if Ralph got knocked into an oncoming subway by a homeless ex-con he just spurned?
<EW is considering Lois is an ex-con and soon to be homeless unless she manages to keep her current job>
/EW enjoys herself/
Clark appeared more drawn than usual, almost as if the fire had gone out in his eyes.
He’s not happy that Lois is with another man’s child.
[Linked Image]
Apparently, he’s not happy that another man is going to raise his child as his own.

“Oh, him,” the man said casually. “I’ve met him, you know.”

She couldn’t suppress a grin. I love him, you know. “Oh?”
That guy not the smartest one, is he?

“I interviewed him after he stopped a bank robbery once. He’s nothing special,” the man said, shrugging.
He’s into girls, then?

“Nice to meet you,” Lois said. “Lois Lane.”

The flirtatious smile dropped from his face. “The Lois Lane?”
Scared about losing a body-part his wife/girlfriend has grown very fond of?

She hadn’t spent more than a second looking at the screen before, but something in Cosgrove’s shocked expression after a reporter asked a question drew her focus.
The Nightfall mishap?

“The woman who first flew with Superman?” Reggie stammered. “The reporter with more Superman exclusives than any other? That Lois Lane?”
Oh. And here I had thought he just gotten scared about hitting on the First Whore. Apparently, Reggie does have a man-crush on Superman.

“Story stealing cretin,” Lois roared, jumping down from the chair for a better view. “I’m going to get him for this.”
And he didn’t even have to sleep with her.

Yet, you, EPRAD, and Professor Daitch all told us it had less than a ten percent chance of missing us,” said a LNN reporter with whom Lois was unfamiliar, continuing on in the same topic.
That would be Ralph’s main squeeze.

“That’s a difference of over fifty-five percent. Care to explain?”
COSGROVE: The StarLabs astrologer(sic) is bad at math?

It was still her story, and she was going to spin it so hard to save Superman’s reputation, if it was the last thing she did.
I don’t think LNN is going to run with that.

She could hear Sandra Ellis on the live broadcast, announcing, “Professor Daitch, head scientist at EPRAD and the astronomer who brought the Nightfall asteroid to our attention, was taken to hospital on Saturday by Superman. Unconfirmed reports state that the scientist had attempted suicide using the exhaust from his car. While still alive at this time, his current condition is unconfirmed and the hospital representatives refuse to disclose any information with the press at this time, stating doctor-patient confidentiality.”
If he dies, could they spin it as Superman actually trying to kill him but making it still look like he’s a Good Samaritan?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.