John: And the gifts keep on coming. smile1
I am sad that Clark does not know what is really going on.
Yes. Well, that's part of the problem from hiding the truth from the one you love. Canon Clark discovered this when he almost lost Lois to Dan.

Also, the emoticons are not working for me.
But... but... but... how can it be John FDK without grumble ??

Clark still things of Lois as acting too much like Lana.
Lana has had a strong influence over Clark's thinking about women.

At least someone still wants Clark there.
Perry isn't the only person who wants Clark at the DP.

Jimmy really does not understand about Lex.
It's harder for your friends to empathize when you keep them out of the loop.

“Isn’t he something?” Jimmy said, his smile reaching ear to ear.
JOHN: This Jimmy will never have grounds to claim he was not duped by Luthor.
I always thought canon Jimmy's "claim" about not being duped wasn't really grounded in reality.

“Maybe Lois suggested it,” Clark said weakly.
JOHN: This is a horrible thing to say.
If you don't know that Lex is the bad guy, and she convinced him to save the DP, how is it horrible?

Lois selling her soul to save the Daily Planet from bankruptcy?
JOHN: This is a horrible conclusion to come to.
It's worse to think that Lois martyred herself for the DP than actually fell in love with Lex Luthor? hyper
CLARK: Very funny.

He really should have given in and taken her.
CLARK: You want to add some curry powder to that salt you're rubbing in my wounds?

Now Clark has admitted to knowing quite a bit about this.
Just the bare bones.

He wished she had trusted him with the information.
JOHN: It is more that he never asked.
Lois and Superman had this conversation right before Clark went undercover at Met Star. Then the day after he returned to the DP, they were held hostage and then he spent a week searching the country for nukes, only to return to her telling him that Luthor proposed. He hasn't had time to ask.

And how will that happen with no evidence?
LOIS: wave

/grumble/ that is just close enough to the truth that Perry will not realize how wrong Clark is.
[Linked Image]

I think that should be "new owner that I put".
Thanks. Fixed.

Perry will even think this means Clark realizes that Lois still loves him.
So close, and yet so far away.

Clark really should ask Perry to elaborate and stop assume he understands what is happening.
Being that he thinks he DOES understand, he'd feel he might look like a fool if he had to ask Perry spell it out for him.

He paused to pop a peanut into his mouth. “She still cares for you. She told me so.”
JOHN: But will Clark believe it?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Care? Perry, I told you to tell Clark that I *love* him. What's with all this 'care' stuff?
PERRY: Do I look like Cupid? I don't send love messages. You want to tell him you love him, YOU tell him that you love him.

No matter how Lois felt about Clark, she hadn’t chosen him.
JOHN: Actually she has, just not told him that.
Not verbally.

I think maybe this should be "down to the LexCorp Offices", or "down to LexCorp's offices".
Thanks. Fixed.

“Nice to see you too,” the homeless person with Jimbo’s face replied.
JOHN: I was so hoping it would be Clark.
JIMBO: So, what's on the menu today?
LOIS: Surf and Turf. /fills his plate/
JIMBO: This looks like rice and beans.
LOIS: Oh, sorry. I was told it was 'Bait & Switch'. wink
/Okay, technically, it was meatloaf but that didn't work as well with the bait and switch joke./

Someone asked when this story first began posting. I believe it was June of 2012. It is also not the longest running by time story still in theory posting. Although it posts more regularly then its competitors for this title.
Yes, I'm trying to make sure I don't drop below one post per week as I don't want to leave readers hanging too long. I'd much rather post more often, but RL demands that I spend time with my family, eat, and sleep on a daily basis. Believe you me, if I was more organized I probably could have condensed this story down some (or saved some of the juicier distraction story lines for stand alone stories), but, well, I'm not. Apologies. I'll get to the end someday, but no promises as to when /psst. the fates are listening and they've already jinxed me when I said I'd finish by the Summer of 2013 and that I didn't want it to be over 100 parts... and when I said it wouldn't go over 200 parts./ I promise it will get better before I hit you all over the head with a tree sized club at the end. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.