Had Lois been seduced by Luthor’s money? He wasn’t blaming her or calling her shallow, if she had.
I am sad that Clark does not know what is really going on. Also, the emoticons are not working for me.

Luthor was rich, very rich. Many people got weak and rubber-kneed around money and what differences it would mean to their lives.
Clark still things of Lois as acting too much like Lana.

Instead of Lois’s voice, it was Perry who greeted him from the answering machine.
I was hoping he would get a message from Lois.

“Kent, Perry White here. I don’t care what HR said, I need your butt down in my newsroom, yesterday!”
At least someone still wants Clark there.

Oh, it wasn’t the Chief. It was our new owner: Lex Luthor!” Jimmy exclaimed.
Jimmy really does not understand about Lex.

“Isn’t he something?” Jimmy said, his smile reaching ear to ear.
This Jimmy will never have grounds to claim he was not duped by Luthor.

Doubtful. “Maybe Lois suggested it,” Clark said weakly.
This is a horrible thing to say.

Lois selling her soul to save the Daily Planet from bankruptcy?
This is a horrible conclusion to come to.

It might explain everything that Lois said that day in the park about needing his advice on Luthor’s proposal.
Not really though.

Clark knew Lois loved the Daily Planet more than she loved anything else, almost more than Perry did, and that was saying something. Lois had admitted once that it was her second home.
If that is the case, then why quit?

The Daily Planet was Lois’s solid rock in the rapids of her life. Anyone who truly knew her knew she would never abandon it and that she would willingly sacrifice herself to save it.
Not as far as Clark thinks though.

“Oh, that’s right,” Jimmy said, snapping his fingers and pointing at Clark. “They’re friends, aren’t they?”
Jimmy knows how to rub things in.

Clark scanned it. It was rough, rough draft…
I think that should be "was a rough".

Clark’s eyes snapped up to Perry. “This is Lois’s story,” he said.
Yeah, he is still sticking up for Lois.

She needed to travel to London to check something out, but she couldn’t leave the country with charges pending.
He really should have given in and taken her.

“Yeah, but there was something wrong with it. The calculations were off. No matter what numbers you plugged into formulas, they consistently showed that the asteroid would hit Earth.”
At least they know what is up.

Clark fielded this one. “No, apparently Daitch got the computer virus from some friend of his in London…”
Now Clark has admitted to knowing quite a bit about this.

He wished she had trusted him with the information.
It is more that he never asked.

With Luthor owning the Planet and Lois trading her soul to save it, it seemed as if the billionaire had won.
frown that Clark gave up. I also figured out where my gremlins went. So I will end this comment section, and hope the next one works better.

John Pack Lambert