KatherineKent: I'm glad you enjoyed Ralph's last name. As stated above, I cannot take credit for that gem. laugh

Great update as always. I cringed at Christine and Ralph. In fact it was more than cringe. Not at your writing but at the circumstances.
Hence the TMI (Too Much Information) Warning. smile1

I'm still reading with avid interest! Sorry about the lack of FDK... I misplaced my forum password for a while
That does sound frustrating. I don't know what I'd do if my computer forgot what my password was (and I couldn't find that original email from LabRat). Sounds like a nightmare.

A couple of general comments I've been holding onto for a while (when did you start this fic again?):
Uh... er [Linked Image]... um... Let's just say 2012.

The tone of the story -- oh, all the atrocities Lex commits!! And with such gusto!
Yes, I have a problem when writing Lex. I never think I write him evil enough, so I end up cranking up his badness until I go... Ooops. laugh It's the fine line of dancing between believability and still have him act within the bounds of canon Lex.

I really think that this is what Lois and Clark could have looked like had it aired on Thursdays at 9 PM instead of Sundays at 8. You've definitely made me despise the character more thumbsup
blush Why, thank you. Although, technically, THIS is alt-Clark.

I absolutely LOVE how you manage to weave canon story lines together without messing up the time line. It is very inventive and keeps the story from becoming predictable.
"Love" is a good word. I'll accept that. Thank you. [Linked Image] I try to keep it fresh enough that the readers know where in the canon story line the characters are, but how one slight deviation can have major consequences.

Well fleshed out characters: I really like the way you write Cat, and your Star is absolutely hilarious. I forgot which chapter it was, but I need to read it again. Bobby Bigmouth is a great new addition! Also, what a great way to explain the two Hendersons
I love Cat. She really was underutilized on the show. Many of the early scenes she's in are taken straight from canon, so I believe that it's a believable motivation that she knew... or at least, suspected the truth about Clark. I needed Clark to have a friend who know that he could turn to as canon Clark would turn to the Kents for advice. Since I put Jonathan in a wheelchair, that made it difficult for the Kents (plus, they're more cash strapped than they are in canon) for them to jump on a plane and come to Metropolis. Star, I believe, showed up in Part 87 for a brief cameo. I'm glad you're enjoying Bobby Bigmouth. This is a different meeting than I'm sure happened in canon -- as they meet almost as equals, so their relationship is slightly different. My stories try to right some of the wrongs made on the show. The dual Hendersons and dual Jimmys (and Cat's crazy personality changes after Nightfall and disappearance at the end of S1) all fit into this category. I'm glad I haven't totally fallen off a cliff with characterization. /phew/
Lois is is such as badass
LOIS: Yes. Was this ever in doubt?

Did you beat the record for the highest word count in a fanfic yet? Between this and Another Lois, it has to be true
Well, thank you. 'Missing Lois' (my first soap opera and the current record holder on the Archives) clocked in at 109 parts. 'Another Lois' was only about 25. So, as Michael would say, a mere prologue for a VirginiaR story, really. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post this story in one chunk or if I'll divide it into thirds. Part 1 of Book 2 (i.e. Wrong Clark) currently is roughly 543K words (basically through Part 98-ish) but it's still being edited for Archives. Archived version of 'Missing Lois' clocked in at roughly 500K words, so it's pretty close. I'm sure this second section (The Investigation) won't... /EW sticks foot into mouth/... let's just not go there, shall we? /Fates do dance / Too late. blush I'm not even going to mention the yet unwritten Section 3, let alone Book 3. evil Thanks for popping in to comment.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.