(Neither Lois nor Clark appear in the scene).
Ah, yes. I can see how such a scene could be considered TMI.

Instead of Lois’s voice, it was Perry who greeted him from the answering machine. “Kent, Perry White here. I don’t care what HR said, I need your butt down in my newsroom, yesterday!”

Perhaps ‘greeted’ wasn’t the correct word to describe this message.
‘Invited’?

Clark wasn’t sure what it was, but this Perry White had more zing to him than the one in his home dimension.
His King’s dead, so he knows about how short life can be and the need to live it to the fullest.

“Oh, it wasn’t the Chief. It was our new owner: Lex Luthor!” Jimmy exclaimed.
[…]

“Isn’t he something?” Jimmy said, his smile reaching ear to ear.
[Linked Image]

Doubtful. “Maybe Lois suggested it,” Clark said weakly.
So, all she had to do was spread her legs to get control of the Planet?

Was this what Cat had been referring to? Lois selling her soul to save the Daily Planet from bankruptcy?
[Linked Image]

The Daily Planet was Lois’s solid rock in the rapids of her life. Anyone who truly knew her knew she would never abandon it and that she would willingly sacrifice herself to save it.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I’d not even sacrifice myself to save Clark, so…

Clark winced. Why was it only now that he recalled her murmuring that story in his ear one rainy night last autumn, while he rubbed vitamin E lotion on her shot arm? Oh, duh. That probably wasn’t the best time to tell Clark anything important. Prolonged skin-to-skin contact with Lois and his brain function moved due south.
razz Thanks, as if I wasn’t sick enough already.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.