-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
sadthat she had to totally turn down Clark.
LOIS: I didn't say "forever". I just said "today". Tomorrow is a whole new day.

Clark would not be disloyal like her father was.
Lois can never be that sure, especially after all the lies.

Then she should not say hurtful things to Clark.
LOIS: Yeah, well, okay. I've learned a few things 'not to do' since the proposal.

Lois:My boyfriend would not like it if I smoked, and since he seems to have fled the city, he would not notice either.
drool

That clearly was sleeping together.

Clark:I didn't sleep, and no, it was not. Not what is normally meant.
Actually, he did fall asleep that time.

/crying/ that he thinks Lois has actually rejected him.
evil

So when he opens the door he can think of when she was seductively trying to entice him on the couch.
CLARK: Great. Thanks for bringing those memories to the forefront of my mind.

/excited/ he is starting to get the clues of what is really going on.
That someone is trying to call him?

There are unpaid internships, but there are lots of paid ones. Most newspapers do pay interns.
I would think so. I believe the practice of not paying people who work for you under the guise of "internships" should be illegal. I "worked" in Hollywood for a production company as an "unpaid intern". After 6 months, they "hired" me. After a few more months of never receiving any money, and being told that I'd be paid as soon as they sold something, I quit. It's a scam, but it taught me that I was too good a person to work in Hollywood. I left, and still have my soul, even if it did leave a huge chip on my shoulder.

Now, I may write fanfiction for "feedback" but it's still a better paycheck than I ever received working in Hollywood. I just feel bad for all those writers who entered into contracts with that production company to sell their scripts only to end up in limbo. frown

/steps off soapbox/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.