Two
eek peep

After roughly ten minutes of Perry yelling at him for disappearing off the face of the Earth without notice, for dropping the ball with the Nazi story, and for leaving him yet another reporter short,
Clark getting axed?

Perry sat down on the edge of his desk. “Did you learn anything about this ‘Jaguar’ character to which the drug dealers were referring? The Daily Planet readers would be interested in knowing that there were other people, besides Superman and Batman, out there protecting the world.”
[Linked Image]

I’d say he’s comparable to the Bigfoot legends of the Pacific Northwest… only, well, friendlier.”
Is he sure?
[Linked Image]

“Probably best not to advertise Superman’s vacations in advance, but since he’s back if you could write up something…”
So, I guess that’s it for Superman announcing that he’s going on an extended honeymoon on New Krypton, erm I mean Hawaii, with his wife, erm I mean concubine.

Clark nodded, surprised there wasn’t any harsher repercussions for his unprofessional behavior. From the expression on his boss’s face, he expected the news Perry was about to impart not to be good. He braced himself to hear Lois’s name.
Planet’s been bought. It’s time for new management.

“I thought with Carpenter behind bars and the Met Star busted for endangering the public, our subscription numbers would rise again.”
GOODE: Subscriptions to the Digger have never been better laugh

“Sorry, CK.” He held up a check-sized piece of pink paper in front of his boss’s face. “Rumors of layoffs, huh?” he said.
Hey, could be worse. They could have just had him dragged off into the cellar and vanished him.

How are Jimbo and I going to make rent if we’re both out of a job?
I hear there’s a certain market for young, well-groomed gents willing to go the extra mile for a bit of cash. Maybe they could ask Toni for a reference?

and Clark decided that he could wait to hear any new news on Lois’s marital and employment status.
What about the fact that she’s going to have a shotgun wedding?
LEX: [Linked Image]

“Summer internship. Started last week,” Jimbo explained, and then glanced down at the pink sheet in his hand. “Ended this week.
Oops? And I thought that interns don’t get paid?

Clark sighed, but it wasn’t in relief. “Suspension without pay,” he said, his shoulders slumping. “One week.” Well, it wasn’t as if he could deposit his paycheck anyway.
Oops? Wouldn’t it have been more effective if they had just not paid him for the last week he was MIA? That way, he’d be available to work again and bring in stories.
LEX: What? And chance the Planet to succeed?

And he is cool as a cucumber,
LOIS: Superman=Cucumber [Linked Image]
CAT: Damn. What did she ever do to deserve that…
RACHEL: Cucumber? Right. :rolleyes: /holds up a gherkin/

Lex had been in Gotham City for meetings when she called him on Monday after LNN essentially told her not to call them, they’d call her. It was now Thursday, and neither Lex nor LNN had telephoned. If Mrs. Cox told her one more time that Lex was a busy man and that she would pass on Lois’s messages, Lois would march down to LexCorp to meet with Lex herself
See? Told ya she would be pining for Lex.
LEX: Yeah blush I guess I was too insecure about her on the video. Maybe it was even doctored. Maybe the audio and video where out of sync. Maybe I should have Nigel take another beating like the ones he received while still stationed in Indea.

If it meant punching Mrs. Cox in the nose to accomplish it,
I think she might end up with some more community time for this.
LOIS: You mean, it would count towards my hours served? Do I need Mrs. Cox to sign the form, or would the doctor be enough?

When she had watched him choose a Double Fudge Crunch Bar from the candy rack, she knew that they were kindred spirits and this partnership was meant to be. She would be sure to add a bar to his next payout.
jawdrop thud

She had swiped one of the menus off the hostess’s desk and seen the name of the restaurant was Aunti Pasto’s.

Oh, God! This was that pasta place where they ate after Miranda had sprayed her with Revenge, she had realized in horror.
Oops?

disappearances for days on end not knowing where the other person was or what they were doing or how they…
Well…
CLARK: It’s not my fault I ran into a crook with Kryptonite and ended up in some dark jail in Middle America
LOIS: It’s not my fault I got kidnapped for a couple of days. [Linked Image] And it not like that happens more than once or twice a month.

She glanced down to the sidewalk below and saw her newest accessory, her very own tail.
Every woman of the world should have one.
[Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.