he could an asset to her life…
I think this should be "could be an asset".

bringing more good than bad to it. Unfortunately, that was a big ‘if’. She would be lucky if he ever talked to her again.
frown that she is so close to giving up hope.

Lois also knew that if Clark had played his cards right the day before, instead of betting on a pair of aces, she could have easily exposed her feelings for him in a way that would have jeopardized her entire investigation.
But they would be so less emotionally torn up.

That was why Clark should have taken her to Smallville when she told him that they needed to talk.
Yes, if he had been smart he would have taken her away. Of course, Clark did not know that she was likely to be followed. He thinks the voyeur is all an issue from last year.

Actually, that was why he should have told her the truth about himself months ago.
Well, he was going to, but she told him not to. OK, the Pheremone time probably does not count.

she could have easily fallen into Clark’s passionate embrace as had happened during their meetings on the sly.
frown the story would be so much more fun if that had happened.

Perhaps they were lucky that Clark had proposed in the manner than he had. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have rejected him so resoundingly and Lex would’ve moved Clark back upon his ‘persons of interest’ list.
Clark:I don't feel lucky. I just feel crushed and ripped apart and destroyed.

she consciously had to stop herself from slugging him.
smile1 she loathes Lex.

“So, you need someone to act as go between you and your partner?”
I half think this should be "act as a go between, between you". Although maybe that sounds too formal for Louie. Another part of me thinks maybe it should be "need someone to go between you and your partner".

“Mrs. Cox, Luthor’s assistant.
Interesting choice on who to investigate.

A woman with short spiky blonde hair, ala Annie Lennox, wearing a black sweatshirt and track pants, looked both ways before slipping through the blue door at 344 Clinton Ave.
smile1 Lois is coming to see Clark.

She knocked again, murmuring, “Come on. Open up, Chuck. It’s me.”
smile1 she used the name of endearment.

From out of the front pocket of her backpack, she removed a beige note. She kissed the front of it and slid it between the layers of the Daily Planets.
smile1 she gave him a note.

John Pack Lambert