Let her grow restless for a few days in her anxiety that he might not offer again.
Would she really be saddened by that.

Perhaps he should be too busy to take her or return her calls over the next few days.
If Lois was not manipulating Lex totally, I would be even more displeased at Lex doing so much of this.

“Once they stopped walking, I was able to get close enough to hear what they were saying without revealing myself.”
Lois should have let Clark tell her he was SM while they were on the way to the tables.

This one was a side view of Kent lifting up his glasses and obscuring his eyes as Lois scowled at him.
At least it was not a view of Kent's eyes uncovered. And the scowl will make Lex never suspect that CK=SM.

Lex looked at it again and beamed. Kent actually looked as if he were crying.
Lex is sick, getting enjoyment out of others suffering.

The man had shuffled his feet and appeared uncomfortable under Nigel’s glare. “Anyway, Ms. Lane spent the next five minutes yelling at Mr. Kent before marching off in a huff.”
frown my heart still breaks reading about this.

As Lex looked at that photo of Kent alone on the bench again, his spirits rose even higher.
Lex is just sick, finding enjoyment in others suffering.

Kent must really hate Lex if he was willing to propose marriage to a woman he didn’t love.
The ironic thing is that it is Lex who does not love Lois, and Clark who clearly does. Lex may think he loves Lois, but it is really just a sick, twisted desire to control.

Did that nobody Kent actually think that Lois would choose him over Lex?
Hah, she already has.

After dumping Lois for Cat Grant, Kent couldn’t possibly expect Lois ever to consider him seriously.
frown that anyone thinks Clark would chose Cat over Lois.

Lex knew that Lois had a problem with men who cheated, due to her father’s roving eye. It was why he had never given Lois any reason to doubt he was anything but loyal to her.
frown that Lex gets away with so much.

In any case, from what the investigator said and despite what Lois had once told him, it appeared as if Kent still hadn’t told Lois the mystery surrounding his non-existent past.
This is not good, that Lex thinks there is more to investigate.

To be honest, the not-knowing was a thorn in Lex’s side as well.
smile1 that there is something Lex is not getting his way in.

Earlier that night at dinner, Lois had told him that she would love to work behind the scenes at LNN,
frown that Lois has had dinner with Lex 3 times this week. That is more dates than she has had with Clark ever, or pretty close. frown We no longer are getting any additions to the Clark and Lois kissing count in this story. frown I think the last time they actually kissed was just before Clark left to go undercover at the MS, and she slapped him for it. frown

John Pack Lambert