In the end, Lois decided not to call Clark’s apartment to bail her out. The last time she checked, he still hadn’t gotten himself a new tape for his machine, and she would hate for her one call to ring off the hook, while he was busy off being Superman.
frown that she didn't call Clark.

Try to beat that scoop, Linda King!
Is it really that big of a scoop?

“Hardy-har-har,” Lois grumbled. “He’s innocent, Harrison’s still alive, and I’m going to prove both! Since Detective Reed and MPD aren’t doing their jobs and are arresting the wrong people…”
frown that she has not told Clark yet the Harrison is alive.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Henderson said, and pressed the button for his floor.
Wait, you cut us off there. I was so hoping to hear what Henderson would say.

From his seat across from Lex in the limousine, Nigel St. John with some puzzlement on his face, said, “I’m sorry, Sir, but you wanted Ms. Lane to spend the night in jail?”
I hope she figures out that Luthor engineered this really soon.

Lex enjoyed keeping even his most trusted advisors on their toes. “I arranged for her bail hearing to be postponed until this morning, making her even more appreciative of my assistance in bailing her out.
No, no, no, no, no! This is horrible, her becoming in his debt again. Although his bailing her out might cause her to suspect that he knew about this all along.

Once a week, usually every Wednesday evening, Lex hosted one dinner party, arranged by his ark liaison, Asabi, for him and Nigel to wine and dine with the different members of the LUC, or the Luthor Underground Community. That was its official name within his ark. With Arianna, Lex referred to it as LUX, Luthor Underground Experiment.
I am hoping that Lois and Clark discover this soon. It is not seeming likely with them not talking about anything ever.

although Lex hoped soon to discover one doctor’s intimate ones.
I am glad that Lois has not fallen at all for this two-timing sleeze-ball.

He had granted Arianna special access to the two-way mirror in the psychologist’s office, as long as she supplied him with any dirt his villagers might reveal under confidence.
Luthor really has no respect for privacy.

“His nephew?” Nigel repeated as he contemplated. “Would that be Paul Bender of the Mayor’s Public Relations Department in Gotham City? I remember he cornered you at that soirée that the Wayne Foundation threw last summer for the new public sculpture garden and wanted you to donate money for one of the mayor’s pet funds in exchange for personal information on Ms. Lane, with whom you had been pictured at some function the week prior.”
Wait, wait, wait. Is Paul Bender the Paul from college that Lois and Linda had the falling out over? Was that his last name in canon, or is that a new innovation?

I didn’t want anybody else to bail Ms. Lane out before I could be here in person to pick her up, so that she could be fully aware who the benefactor of her freedom was.” Moreover, whomsoever bailed Lois out of jail owned her until her court date, and Lex liked the idea of owning Ms. Lane, if only in name.
Oh no, oh no, oh no. I just hope this does not cause another wedge between Lois and Clark.

Lex glanced back down to his watch. Lois should have exited the precinct by now. “Go and check what the delay is, Nigel. Bender should have delivered the bail funds to the police and Ms. Lane released ten minutes ago. I don’t like waiting.”
smile1 They will think she left the watch. Well, I can hope can't I?

Had Lois forgotten to pick up her personal effects? No, she must have. She needed her purse with money and keys to get back into her apartment. Lex only hoped his man was able to place the surveillance in plenty of time, during the night. Had the MPD retained the watch he had given Lois, had someone stolen it, or had she thrown it away? “Let’s be off,” Lex grumbled with a scowl.
dance Henderson beats Lex.

This was a disappointing development indeed. Although it sometimes irked Lex, her fierce independent streak was one of the most intriguing aspects of Ms. Lane’s personality. To bend such a person to his will made this challenge even more diverting. He was glad she wasn’t making it easy for him.
I am more worried than encouraged by this development. Although it also shows the lack of imagination on the part of Luthor. He really has never thought out possible contingency plans.

frown that there was no Lois and Clark interacting at all this whole part. frown That Lois still somewhat suspects Clark of turning her in.

Actually we saw almost no Clark this entire part. frown

John Pack Lambert