“If you’re looking for a working girl, you’ve come to the wrong place,” she told him. “Try a different block.”

“You don’t work?” he said, sounding surprised.
This guy is either really obtuse or he is going for dishing out insults.

“So, whatcha doing down here if you’re not trolling for men?”
This guy is not winning any friendship points. That line alone makes it sound like that is all most women do.

She looked him up and down. “You forgot your noble steed.”
grumble he has no chance to defend himself against her unfounded suspicions.

I could see them taking the angle that Lois had stepped too far over the line this time.”
Actually, even if the budget wasn't tight I would really be surprised if the Daily Planet covered Lois' bail. She clearly broke the law in a way not called for to cover her story.

She didn’t respond as she marched down the hall to the lobby. She was still furious that the judge wouldn’t accept her plea of “innocence” at the bail hearing two hours earlier. There was “guilty” or “not guilty”, but both of those included the word guilt, and Lois was certainly not feeling guilt for helping out Eugene.
She does like messing with all systems.

Clark should’ve really been the one to bail her out, though, if the jerk was the one who turned her in.
whinging that she still things this. This is tearing me up.

She could see him doing that just to teach her a lesson but, in her heart of hearts, she didn’t want to think Clark guilty of ratting her out to Reed.
At least she is conflicted about this theory.

Maybe the mysterious ‘cable guy’, who had barged into her apartment, recognized Eugene’s photo from the news, and called in a tip to get him out of her apartment.
At least she has now come up with an alternate theory.

John Pack Lambert