Doesn't Clark always understand Lex's motivations better than Lois?
LOIS: So, sue me. I was being hopeful.
Hopeful? More like blindly naive.

"Lois" didn't accept the watch. Her Lois undercover character did.
I guess this makes sense, so I guess I will say that at one level her accepting the watch works. Still, it in no way lessens the hurt it causes Clark, or the fact that he distruts her now because of it.

My Betas totally agreed with you so we had a big discussion about the Rolex/LoLex dilemma. It will come up again.
it still seems a bit far for undercover Lois to go unless she wants to be actually seen to be in a relationship with Lex and also maybe be seen as for sale to the highest bidder.

Yeah, that was a mistake.
Clark:And she knew I was about to have a very important conversation with her, but no, she choses to go off with Lex instead.

Yep. If she hadn't known about CK=SM, she probably would have called,
Although I really see no way for her to have avoided learning CK=SM this long, so that is a super-counter factual situation.

He's not "worried", just mildly surprised.
He should be more worried, and try to figure out what it means.

Hmmm. So, Lois needs to reassure Clark more... even though she already told him that she wasn't going to do that, because he needed to trust her?
And since then she has chosen Luthor over him, one time specifically because he "had something for her". That is not the actions of love, at least not unless you know what is really going on, and she has not told him at all that she does not trust Luthor.

Clark never thought Lois had cheated on him with Superman, although he is being suspect her relationship with Lex is more than she's telling.
It seemed for a bit he was convinced she had cheated with Luthor, when she first mentioned the line "it's OK to cheat on your husband".

John Pack Lambert