This was a very emotionally tough instalment.

Clark seems to understand Lex speak better than Lois. He knew when Lex told her "I got something for you", he really meant a thing, not inforamtion. The watch clearly presents them in a dating relationship.

To me accepting Luthor's watch seems a step too far. Lois may try to say "it is not big deal to LEx", but the key to understanding inapropriate compromising gifts is not the giver but the receiver. For Lois that watch is worth a very substantial amount of money, so it is a big deal.

I also totally see Clark's view that it is disturbing that Lois is telling important things to Luthor before telling them to him, like the history of her watch. Especially since she chose to go to the brunch with Luthor.

It did seem a little unfair that he was so hard on her about not calling. However since he does not know she knows his lines made sense. It is also disturbing how he worries so much about her not being mad about his running off.

His turning down Lois's request to meet with Superman seems a bit much. He has taken self-jealousy to a new extreme. However I do have to say Lois' description of the matter as being "private" did not do much to make that more likely, especially since the last time she saw SM she kissed him profusely. In fact in light of how Clark is likely to understand that incident, it totally makes sense he is jealous.

On the other hand, I think Clark should have made sure to tell Lois upfront about the Muldoon investigation and Cat's involvement. I just have a feeling that his failure to tell Lois about it is going to come back to bite him.

I have to swecond the view that we have gone too long without Clark and Lois kissing. Lois kissing Superman does not count, even if she knows that it counts he does not know that it counts, and for now it is driving a wedge between them.

I am glad that Clark seems to have moved beyond the view that Lois is cheating on him. They really need to talk.

John Pack Lambert