Originally posted by John Lambert:
EW: But if Lex thought that Superman was coming to Lois's apartment back in December... and he came into the bedroom and got exposed to the Kryptonite, which was in her jewelry box, there would be nothing that pointed to that watch as being the culprit. Only one dead Superman. Now, if she had it on her wrist, SM would be more likely to notice it.
JOHN:Good point, although if he thought it caused death on contact, would it matter if SM noticed the cause? Maybe other people, but not SM.
But if he noticed it before contact, wouldn't he be better able to escape than if -- let's say -- distracted in Lois's bedroom?

LOIS: Yeah, I know. blush It gets pretty messy in there, and I know how much he hates mess.

Lois:But if he was SM all his life, then why would he want me to love his Clark persona. Even if SM is not exactly who he was on Krpton, he was obviously not Clark Kent their either, so why does he care so much?

Clark:Ah, you see Lois.

Lois:Look at the time, we have to go cover a news conference.
Now, that's just being accurate. wink These questions will be answered in time.

With that attitude, I am surprised Luthor has not tried to figure out what other women have had sex with SM.
LEX: Clearly, Superman is one of those one-woman saps.

EW: Nah, just close enough to figure out where he keeps his kryptonite.

JOHN: That still sounds like too close. Of course, if she can manage some unsupervised wandering around his place time she might have a chance.
LOIS: Hello? It's *me* we're talking about not some constantly screaming for help damsel in distress. <<holding up finger>> Don't say it!

CLARK: laugh I would never presume to tell you the truth, Lois... er... that you're wrong, that is.

Well, OK, Lex implied to Baines that he was trying to date Lois just to mess up her investigation. I guess since he is a total liar, he may have had other motives.
LEX: I make Clark Kent look like a Boy Scout.

CLARK: And that's a bad thing?

LOIS: I'm not 'actively' avoiding him. I'm trying to protect him from my stalker, crazy, murdering psuedo-boyfriend, I don't like and am only using to get my next Kerth so nobody thinks I've gone soft because I fell in love with you.

CLARK: Uh-huh. You keep telling yourself that.

LOIS: Really? 'Cause it's a bit of mouthful.

JOHN: <<Loves this explanation>> Although I do think if she explained this to Clark he would have a mix of total love and lots of fear that she was about to have something bad happen to her.
CLARK: Um... I hate to correct you, John, but I always feel a mix of total love and lots of fear for Lois.

LOIS: So, he'd be okay with it, then.

CLARK: evil

I guess this works, sort of, except graduation would be late April/early May, and it is only May. I think that is what threw me off, I was sort of still stuck at the start of the year. Still, it has not technically been 6 years since graduation, unless Lois finished a semester early. Although I guess a month or two shy can be ignored.
Most people speak in generalizations, not exact number of years and months.

So he does not remember that he called Lois.
Nope. His memory blackout starts before he returned home.

Still "on Kansas" is such an odd phrase.
Good thing she knows then. wink

In my thought that she should find his humaness odd. Shouldn't she expect Krypton culture to be different, and this to be reflected in Clark's actions at some level?
LOIS: So, what you're saying is that there aren't other planets like Earth out there?

Reader: grumble I don't like more Luthor than in canon. It is very disturbing.
Well, being that this story is set in canon S1, Luthor is a requirement.

More support for my theory that if Lois were to tell Clark the investigation would move faster.
PERRY: Sometimes children need to learn some lessons for themselves.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.