he had expected to be with her for several hours before checking in with EPRAD.
frown for lost opportunities.

Was he coming to tell her that he had just been to space as Superman or was he coming to tell her more lies?
Fortuantly it was the former. I am glad that Lois at least thinks he might have planned to tell her then.

Either way, Clark had put telling her that he was okay over telling EPRAD Superman was, she had to give him credit for that.
smile1 Clark is getting credit.

Lois considered how many times that she had stopped him since Impact Day from trying to tell her Clark Kent was also Superman.
I think the sentance would work just as well without the "that".

She felt a little bad about raking him over the coals for not telling her his secret.
grumble Luthor is not supposed to be here. grumble

My dear? That sounded a tad affectionate for a mere source.
Trust her Clark, please.

“Thank you, Lex,” Lois said, her back stiffening.
Hopefully he realizes this means she does not like Lex, at all, in any way.

Clark knew this because he had set a reassuring hand to the curve of her lower back.
grumble Jimbo messes everything.

CK and I can hang. Can’t we, bro? Lois, feel free to go off and do your own thing. I remember Lucy telling me how much you enjoyed Mr. Luthor’s company last summer.”
Jimbo you are making things worse for everyone.

They all turned in dumbfounded unison to stare at Jimbo, one stunned,
Oh no, Clark is going to doubt Lois' loyalty.

one in annoyance,
Lois:I don't know who I hate more now, my sister or her ex-boyfriend.

He thought for a moment that she sounded a bit peevishly melancholic, but then realized it was probably more the wishful thinking from his heart.
Clark, she was kissing you. She was conforting you. She is not that fickle.

She glanced back at Clark, caught his eye, and told him with her eyes that she would much rather be with him.
I just hope he gets the message.

She needed to do this investigation to put Lex away,
But now?

otherwise she would have told Lex where to stuff his invitation. No matter where her body went, no matter what she said to Lex, and no matter how many lies she told, her heart remained with that man from Krypton.
I just wish he could understand that.

Unfortunately, she didn’t think Clark would see it that way.
Not after Jimbo's line about her enjoying Lex's company.

John Pack Lambert