John: Thanks for the reading and the thorough FDK. smile1
Now that she knows this detail she can move forward with other details. She knows that Clark was never directly exposed to kryptonite by Luthor.
She solved that riddle but Luthor still has more.

Or if he hadn't been so curious about the shining, glowing thing in the water.
CLARK: But it was shiny!

Well, at least she realized these things before doing anything truly stupid, like getting engaged to Luthor.
Yes, one should really know who one is getting engaged to when one says "yes" to a proposal.

I think you want to say "change the past".
Thanks. Fixed.

<<happy>> the third answer is right. Now all she needs to do is learn the effects of Red-K on Clark.
How exactly is she going to do that without exposing him to it?

Probably the former if he wanted it to be a way to kill Superman.
But if Lex thought that Superman was coming to Lois's apartment back in December... and he came into the bedroom and got exposed to the Kryptonite, which was in her jewelry box, there would be nothing that pointed to that watch as being the culprit. Only one dead Superman. Now, if she had it on her wrist, SM would be more likely to notice it.

Although even this is more a consequence of what he knew than the other way around.
True.

Lois: <<grumble>> Why did he have to insist I be in love with his Clark persona.
CLARK: <<shrugs adorably>> I'm a complex sort of guy.

Lois:Why did Clark let us go all night under surveilance?
Cause he was asleep.

Maybe Lex had the roof under surveilance.
Clark double checked.... er... Superman did, I mean.

Yes, although I think he assumed beyond what he really knowns.
LEX: I'm sorry, why would anyone with his powers NOT have sex with Lois when he could? Of course, they've been intimate.

The former. Although this does mean he assumes Lois is more attacked to Superman than to him.
She's told Superman that she loves him. She hasn't told that to Lex.

Lex:But it needs to be properly poetic.
Of course. clap

Lex is evil, need we say more?
Lois knows he's a bad man, but labeling someone as evil is a big step.

Had Clark been right all along?
JOHN: Yes.
LOIS: Darn! I hate it when he's right.

Was Lex head of a criminal organization, or just a megalomaniac who was obsessed with Lois and anyone standing his way to that goal was toast?
JOHN: Sadly it is the first.
EW: Nope. Both. Trick question.

He is an evil man, does she really want to get close enough to him to understand how his mind works?
Nah, just close enough to figure out where he keeps his kryptonite.

At least in canon Lex agreed to the initially dinner interview with Lois to through her off the scent of his nefarious dealings with Antoineete Baines.
Hmmmm. Interesting theory. I thought it was because he wanted someone new to warm him bed who was a bit more controllable than Baines, whom he was about to kill.

In some ways I think that making sure Lois did not get wise to his actions was a motivation, but Lex seems to have succeeded at pointing her away for so long he no longer sees that as a threat.
He seduced canon Lois through flattery.
CANON LOIS: Finally! Someone who sees the greatness inside of me. Lex really understands me.
Alt-Canon LOIS: Oh, really, that wasn't me. :rolleyes: I didn't do that, did I?

make a cage?
LEX: Hey, what a great idea! Thanks!

Convince Luthor she also wants Superman dead, and even then it would be iffy.
LOIS: Clark would really have to tick me off, because I'm not *that* good an actress.

Actually, I think she in theory could convince Lex she no longer loved SM. In practice, I think that would be too hard on multiple levels.
CLARK: I should hope it is.

Shounldn't she keep Clark as far away from the stash as possible.
laugh good point.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.