Originally posted by John Lambert:
I guess really it makes no sense for someone else to do Superman's laundry, when he can do it super-fast.
Yet, isn't that what canon Clark says by way of an excuse in Top Copy... See Nan's whinging

Possibly in reaction to her turning down a date with him.

Clark:So he was a violent spurned lover, why has she not pressed charges against this guy.

Lois:Lex and I were never, ever, in any way shape, means or form, "lovers". Not even in my nightmares. Although maybe in one I almost married him, but we never made love.
She told Lex that she had previous plans with Clark and would not 'break' them to have dinner with Lex to talk about her father. Personally, if Lex shot her with that at his motivation, people would have catagorized him as psycho much earlier. She hadn't told Lex she would NEVER date him again, just that she was busy that night.

True, but she seemed to be trying to convince Cat that she, Lois, and Clark had not made love.
possibly.

That would confuse Lois. It would also be false informations.
Yes, but what fun!

Good point. At least girlfriend and boyfriend are roughly equivalent both ways.
But most men aren't offended by being called "boys" (in this context) as they consider it a sign of them being youthful. Women are much more sensative than most men to this type of language, especially professional women.

Clark went though most of a month of extreme despait over the matter, it has not been easy.
CANON CLARK: Oh, poor fellow. A whole month thinking he could never have sex with Lois. Let me cry my eyes out. <<please note sarcasm>> I knew her for over 3 years, dated her for a year, engaged for another year, got rejected on our wedding night (okay, admittedly that wasn't her, but I didn't know that at the time), only to find out I was married to another woman, so let me pity you for your one month of despair.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.