Lex held out both his hands and approached Lois, saying, “Lois, my darling, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?” He took hold of her shoulders and kissed her cheek, a far warmer greeting than their non-relationship demanded.
Lois: If he was not so darn inportant, I might tell him to back off.

She brushed that fact aside with a glance over her shoulder at the closed door.
hyper she is uncomfortable alone with Luthor.

Lex broke into a smile. “Ah, well, I’d get rid of her if she wasn’t the finest assistant that I’ve ever had,” he said with a shrug. “She’s irreplaceable.”

At least, he didn’t discount what Lois had to say for once.
Actually, it still seems to be discounting her opinion in general.

“I called you last Friday,” Lex said, taking her arm and leading her to the sofa. “But your assistant…” He flipped his hand as if he couldn’t remember Jimmy’s name. “Kent… said that you were on vacation and unreachable.”
hyper she wants to be with Clark.

Had Lex called her only three days before Valentine’s Day to ask her out for the holiday and expected her not only to be free, but also to accept?
Lex just assumes everyone will fawn over him.

Moreover, now, did he expect her to drop everything to have dinner with him at a moment’s notice?
Luthor: Most women do. Who is Lois going to go with instead. Kent! Come on, pah-lease, there is no competition.

Yes, it was another one of his underhanded barbs, created to make her life seem either to revolve around Lex,
Well, if it didn't, she would not keep playing hard to get.

and had dumped it straight into the trash without reading the card.
clap she dumped the roses without reading.

Red roses still reminded her of Lex buying her services at the Metro Club. Had that been another bouquet from Lex?
He still wants her to remember he bought her. I am not sure why though. It seems a dumb move to me.

Pressing back her natural anger that erupted at such continued rudeness,
That Luthor clearly is.

“Would you? Would you really?” he asked, brandishing her with a patronizing smile. “No, I think not, my dear.”
Hopefully Lois will stop to wonder why Luthor is so sure of this.

Lois: That would requre me to think about Luthor. I would rather not. He is so annyoing, and rude, and condescending, and did I mention rude.

“I trust nobody, and never allow anyone to get away with anything.”
Then why did you let Luthor shot you and treat you as a prostitue?

Lex opened his mouth to speak, but before she knew if it would be a much-needed apology or a rebuttal,
Hmm, was he going to accuse her of not being objective about Superman? The other possibility, would be too much of exposing himself. Although, with how arrogant and confident of his immunity he is, he just might.

Clark! Lois swayed on her feet. No, not Clark.
dance Lois really does care about Clark.

“Although Mr. Kent was blown against the wall outside the door, he didn’t suffer any injuries.”
Clark needs to work on only getting bombed when in costume.

“Yes, sir,” Mrs. Cox replied with an air of innocence. “According to Mr. Fredericks, the general manager of the Lexor Hotel, Clark Kent and Lois Lane checked in as ‘Mr. and Mrs. Kent’ on Monday, Valentine’s Day.”
With anyone else this would be a signal to back off. With Luthor it is a signal to try harder to reach his goals.

“I was so worried,” she murmured.
Hopefully he sees how much she cares for him.

“I’m assuming Rourke,” he said softly. “When I was in the room earlier, before the firefighters arrived, to check how much we’d lost, I saw that Apocalypse Consulting had vacated their offices.”
So I guess Lois still dropped the tell-tale card across the way.

“That we’re not really married?” she asked. She would hate Superman to find out about her and Clark getting back together this way, and think they had actually run off and gotten married without informing him first.
Not that that would be possible.

Lois: What, so I am right that Superman has a special connection with Clark.

Reader: Well, yes, but not how you think.

“I wouldn’t want him to think that we lied to him,” Lois replied, knowing what Clark was thinking. He assumed that Lois was still in love with Superman,
This time she is probably 100% right about what he thinks.

still had hope for her and Superman, and there was a part of her which would always love him. Unfortunately, for Superman, he had lost his chance the moment she had fallen in love with Clark.
Now she just has to find a way to tell Clark this.

“Don’t make me kiss that doubt off your face, Chuck!” she scolded under her breath. “I’m minha, remember?”
Wait, did he tell her that detail? Or did she just admit to reembering what she claimed to have forgotten.

A hesitant sheepish smile returned, followed by a chuckle. “Sua,” he corrected.
Or should it be Tua. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that it should be the informal you possisve form in this case.

“Because I’m a lucky member of the MPD’s Bomb Squad, and Bill gets to handle the boring stuff like corporate espionage, robbery, and fraud.”
So they would both be involved in a case where Luthor bombed the planet to get the insurance money just after buying it.

“Undercover operation to spy on the offices across the street,” Clark ‘the Blabbermouth’ Kent said, nodding towards the windows.
Now Clark is a blabbermouth. That is a new development since for so long he was the backgroundless quiet guy.

“Hey, Lane!” one of the men called. “If you and Kent were just here on an undercover assignment, what were these lingerie items doing in the bedroom?”
What type of a question is that? It would be suspicious if they did not have such things.

“Actually, that’s only a prop we bought Lois before we checked in. The Lexor is a full service hotel, and we knew that the bellhop would unpack our bags after showing us to the room. We needed to have the appearance of a real honeymoon couple,”
That answer is 100% believable. Actually, failing to do so would have made them too easy to spot as out of place.

“Superman. It’s okay, Lois, I understand,” he replied. “You fell in love with him at first sight, he broke your heart, and there’s a large part of you, which will always love him. I’m okay with that, really I am. I knew as soon as you met him that I’d always come second in your affections.” He brushed a lock of hair off her face. “I’m just happy to be included in that exclusive list.”
Speak for yourself Clark, don't sell yourself short.

Clark: Waht's the point, it's not like I can really have her.

The doors opened and Lois murmured, too quietly for him to hear, “No, Clark, I bought it for you.” She stepped out and into the chaotic lobby.
party but Clark did hear it. Maybe he will finally realize she loves him as Clark most.

John Pack Lambert